Talk

Advanced search

Middle name for Grace

(20 Posts)
SucksFake Tue 11-Feb-14 21:49:56

20 weeks with DC5. Told at the scan that baby is a girl.

We were settled on a boy's name; Oliver Patrick, and are fairly settled on Grace as a first name.

DD and DS1&2 are voting for Grace Elizabeth, which I think is nice, but open to other suggestions.

pilates Tue 11-Feb-14 22:06:59

Sounds perfect to me

canyourearme Tue 11-Feb-14 22:41:38

Nice. Stick with it.

MummyBeerest Tue 11-Feb-14 22:43:24

I love Grace Elizabeth.

Grace Alexandra is good too?

nicky2512 Tue 11-Feb-14 22:44:07

Grace Elizabeth is lovely. I have a 12 year old Grace Ruth (and still love her name!) Good luck. Really like Oliver too.

canyourearme Tue 11-Feb-14 22:47:03

Id fo it the other way round actually

gingerchick Tue 11-Feb-14 22:49:13

Grace Isabella

TrucksAndDinosaurs Tue 11-Feb-14 22:50:28

Grace Elizabeth is lovely.

mamababa Tue 11-Feb-14 22:53:02

My Goddaughter is Grace Elizabeth it's lovely.

Ham69 Tue 11-Feb-14 23:19:19

Grace Elizabeth sounds great. I know a Grace Ellen which I like too.

ItStillLooksLikeRainDear Tue 11-Feb-14 23:32:45

Sounds lovely, stick with it.

clio51 Tue 11-Feb-14 23:40:08

Grace mia

WhiteHairReally Tue 11-Feb-14 23:57:44

I've got a Grace Elizabeth, but she's nearly 20! She still likes her name. I think she told me that 'Elizabeth' is the most common middle name for Grace. Certainly the three other Graces we know of as a family are ALL 'Grace Elizabeth'.

FWIW I wanted Grace Christabel (after the Suffragette, and completely outing herself) but was vetoed by DH because it was a 'silly name'. So I offer it to a new generation!

MyNameIsKenAdams Wed 12-Feb-14 00:00:28

Like it!

Also suggesting

Grace Olivia
Grace Evangeline
Grace Aurora

ldt87 Wed 12-Feb-14 00:03:05

Grace Eleanor?

SucksFake Wed 12-Feb-14 00:20:19

OK, lots of support for the DC's choice! As I type this, she's wriggling away; maybe she likes it too?!

nicky, I do like Grace Ruth as well, which would work with our surname. As would Isabella, gingerchick, though one my best friend's daughters is Isabella Grace. Mia is also nice, clio, but might not work with our surname.

DH likes Alexandra, and he wanted Evangeline in the past. Eva is a family name on my side, so would be a nice nod to that.

Ellen and Eleanor are also nice, Eleanor was on our shortlist as a first name, actually.

Christabel would certainly be an inspirational name, WhiteHair!

I do think though with the positive response for Elizabeth that I am getting swayed round to the DC's choice and I will choose to ignore the fact that DS1&2 are basing their choice on being fans of Pirates of the Caribbean.

winterhat Wed 12-Feb-14 13:35:48

Grace Harriet
Grace Aurelia
Grace Juliet
Grace Iona
Grace Annabel
Grace Emmeline
Grace Violet
Grace Ivy
Grace Charlotte
Grace Jasmine
Grace Elodie
Grace Louisa
Grace Melissa
Grace Jemima
Grace Christina
Grace Miranda
Grace Victoria
Grace Catherine

RiaOverTheRainbow Wed 12-Feb-14 14:12:01

I was going to suggest Elizabeth (and Elizabeth Swann is an excellent name-sake).

cosikitty Wed 12-Feb-14 15:13:15

How about Elizabeth Grace? Elizabeth has so many possibilties to shorten it to: Lil, Beth, Betsy, Bet, Bess, Eliza, Betty, Bessy, Eli, and it's not as popular as Grace these days.

SucksFake Wed 12-Feb-14 19:30:47

Without outing myself completely, DD's name is on your list, winterhat! We chose it due to the possibilities of diminutives, but have never actually shortened it. And she herself is most definitely the full version of her name! Her schoolfriends haven't shortened it as of yet either.

I love Juliet, but with our surname it would sound as if we named her after an actress!

And yes, Ria, Elizabeth Swann is a feisty character although Keira herself is a bit wishy-washy.

Cosikitty, I do really like Libby as a nickname, but I think Grace Elizabth scans better with our surname.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now