Talk

Advanced search

Really don't like many boy names...

(23 Posts)
KiwiBanana Wed 05-Feb-14 18:41:01

Just found out today that we are expecting another boy! grin we already have 1 boy who has my favourite boys name but neither of us like or can agree on any other names.

We both quite like Roman, Thomas and Joshua. None of them give me that tingle though. I love the name Freddie but DP doesn't like it much sad

It has to go with a short 3 letter surname and I can't think of much else that would go with it.

sonlypuppyfat Wed 05-Feb-14 18:44:38

Your boys names are fine. Except for Freddie which is a pet's name.

KiwiBanana Wed 05-Feb-14 18:47:53

I've never met a pet named Freddie!

I think I'd like something a little more unusual but not poncey, they all seem a bit blah.

Varya Wed 05-Feb-14 18:49:37

Warwick for a boy, not blah and not poncey. Quite unusual, sounds good throughout life.

IPokedABadgerWithASpoon Wed 05-Feb-14 18:53:01

Francis?

PrincessScrumpy Wed 05-Feb-14 18:53:58

I know a Boaz - It's from Ruth in the Bible. He's known as Bo. I love it as it's unusual but not hippyish (sorry I don't like things like Storm etc). It wouldn't go with our surname and we only have girls anyway but I still really like it smile

KiwiBanana Wed 05-Feb-14 19:18:10

I love Boaz but it's already been taken by a friend and I'd feel like I was stealing it. Such a cool name though!

I also love Ace and DP like Thor but I don't think they sound right with such a short surname.

Warwick reminds me of that actor in the Harry Potter films. I don't mind Francis but it doesn't strike me.

ToffeeJungle Wed 05-Feb-14 20:10:21

Roman is pretty cool but the others (Thomas, Joshua & Freddie) don't fit your criteria of being unusual so I can see why you're a bit 'meh' about them.

Nathan / Nathaniel
Dominic
Louis
Ciaran
Fraser
Spencer
Anthony
Marcus
Leon
Christian
Owen
Hayden / Aidan

BlueChampagne Thu 06-Feb-14 13:18:15

Conrad
Wreford
Torin

missmagnum Thu 06-Feb-14 13:31:40

Sebastian - Seb
Jackson
Bevan
Beau
Zachary - Zack

elQuintoConyo Thu 06-Feb-14 13:34:32

Ferran
Santiago/Santi/Iago
Leon
Benedict
Christian

diddl Thu 06-Feb-14 14:11:39

I think that Roman is a fab name.

Jethro
Jago?

AngelaDaviesHair Thu 06-Feb-14 14:17:36

Bron (I do love this, but is any one syllable name too short, with your surname?)
Caradoc
Asher
Asa
Yehuda
Caryl
Florian
Arne (pron Ar-nuh. It's Norwegian I think).
Ivo
Jonah
Judah
Cole
Reuben
Stefan
Cees (pron Case. Dutch)
Willem (also Dutch)
Xan

Shroomboom Thu 06-Feb-14 14:20:05

I love the name Jasper although it was vetoed by dh sad

Congrats on your boy, having two boys will be lovely smile

ProfondoRosso Thu 06-Feb-14 14:21:19

Thomas is lovely.

My dream boys' names are Hugh, Hector and Linus. Probably not gonna happen!

TulipOHare Thu 06-Feb-14 14:22:32

I wanted to call DS Leif (pronounced layf ) as in the Viking or Tor as in geology and / or the Norse god grin

We went for something a bit more staid in the end...I do love his name and it's very him, but if I ever had another I'd inch out on that limb a bit!

soontobeslendergirl Thu 06-Feb-14 14:51:05

Marcus
Miles
Hayden
Austin
Crispin
Bartholemew (or however you spell it)
Jonas
Jonah

tammytoby Thu 06-Feb-14 15:09:18

Roman is a fab name!

Or how about Quentin, Reuben or Dominic?

moogy1a Thu 06-Feb-14 15:10:34

Franklin?

KiwiBanana Thu 06-Feb-14 20:50:25

Thanks Shroom, most people have felt bad for us having another boy, it's nice to hear something positive smile

Nothing much is jumping out at me. I like Jonah and Jonas but DS is already a J name and not sure if that'd sound weird together.

We had Dominic and Sebastian on our shortlist with DS but then went totally off them when he was born and can't think of them positively again. Also neither of us can say Dominic without pretending to be Arnold Schwarzenegger!

I am so fussy over boy names, sorry. Nothing seems to work with DPs short, stupid surname either!

KiwiBanana Thu 06-Feb-14 20:55:15

Would it be weird to use DS's middle name? It's one of my favourite names (which is why we used it on him!).

soontobeslendergirl Thu 06-Feb-14 21:53:52

why don't you just reverse your first son's name - i.e. Middle Name First name Surname.

I don't think it would be weird and they would both be sharing.

2 boys are great (my two are only 13 months apart) - why people feel the need to comment negatively I don't know....we all get what we are given by nature so it's not like we make a choice and every combination has it's pluses and minuses.

soontobeslendergirl Thu 06-Feb-14 21:57:00

Oh and I wouldn't be put off by them having the same starting letter either - they wont spend most of their life going round as a pair. Someone will be on soon saying think of the mail confusion. How much mail do you get at the moment? How mucg are they likely to get in the future? Birthday Cards will be about it....and unless they share the same birthday that's not likely to be an issue. My OH has 2 other brothers with the same initial.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now