Talk

Advanced search

What do you think if these names? What do you prefer?

(44 Posts)
Madallie Mon 03-Feb-14 07:16:05

Amelia Grace
Grace Lucia (pronounced Loochia)
Grace Francesca

Some possibilities for dd. just wanted to see what others think of these.

Thanks.

ZingSweetApple Mon 03-Feb-14 07:21:52

Amelie Grace is the best.

I don't like the pronunciation of Lucia that way at all because it reminds me of lochia (which is the bleeding you get after baby's born, sorry)

Grace Francesca is a mouthful, I don't think it flows well.

hth.

and good luck with birth/baby!smile

Madallie Mon 03-Feb-14 07:24:09

I like Amelie but prefer Amelia. Thanks for your post.had never thought that about Lucia because of the ch sound in it. Worth thinking about though. Thanks.

bakingtins Mon 03-Feb-14 07:29:43

Is Francesca Grace a possibility? Flows better and I like Frances or Frankie as NNs.
Amelia is so common, every female child in every group I go to is Amelia/Millie/Mia, plus the meaning really puts me off.

ZingSweetApple Mon 03-Feb-14 07:32:14

sorry, I meant Amelia! (stupid phone)

ZingSweetApple Mon 03-Feb-14 07:32:54

Amelia means beloved - how is that offputting?hmm

EnglishGirlAbroad Mon 03-Feb-14 07:34:18

Amelia Grace is pretty.
Prefer Francesca Grace over Grace Francesca, which is a bit of a mouthful.
Grace is a bit of hard one to find a middle name for imo. Nothing sounds quite right

Madallie Mon 03-Feb-14 07:38:27

Actually haven't looked up the meaning of the names, maybe I should now!

I know Amelia is a popular name, although funnily enough as a teacher I have only taught/known 1 in 8 years.

Francesca Grace is a possibility but I prefer Grace to Francesca and second names don't get used that often iyswim.

Madallie Mon 03-Feb-14 08:06:09

Just to add, I think I really like Grace the most, so any suggestions of second names that go nicely with this would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Onesleeptillwembley Mon 03-Feb-14 08:07:59

I like Lucia Grace.

Madallie Mon 03-Feb-14 08:11:59

I do really like this too onesleep. The only thing I'm thinking about this is that my dd1's name end in an -ia sound so not sure this will sound good when referring to them together/calling out their names etc.

bridgetsmum Mon 03-Feb-14 08:12:20

I like Grace Victoria
Grace Louise
Grace Rebecca
smile

Alisvolatpropiis Mon 03-Feb-14 10:14:45

Grace Lucia.

Nice to see Grace up front in first name position! smile

Alisvolatpropiis Mon 03-Feb-14 10:16:26

Grace Angharad
Grace Aurelia
Grace Evangeline (that might be a bit too religious sounding though!)

Alisvolatpropiis Mon 03-Feb-14 10:18:24

Zing

Amelia is a medical term referencing the congenital absence of a limb.

Granted not the official meaning of the word as a name.

BlackberryandNettle Mon 03-Feb-14 10:43:11

I like Grace best as a first name - classic and you don't hear it that often unlike Amelia! Lucia is nice but pronunciation issues

ZingSweetApple Mon 03-Feb-14 12:14:47

alis

wouldn't bother me and I have never heard of it until now (but thanks)

The original meaning is what matters IMO as I'm pretty sure it was there first.smile

it's like with Mercedes.
people make weird faces and say "how stupid, they named their kid after a car" - not knowing that in fact the engine was named after Emil Jellinek's daughter!

Alisvolatpropiis Mon 03-Feb-14 12:16:51

Zing

I only found out about the medical term after a simir thread on here a few months back. It's still a pretty name smile

And Yy to Mercedes! I grind my teeth when people make the "named after a brand" comment.

BlueStarsAtNight Mon 03-Feb-14 12:28:06

I like Grace Amelia.

Drunkendonut Mon 03-Feb-14 12:31:06

Grace Francesca is lovely
Grace Sophia
Grace Lily
Grace Elizabeth

Good luck!

tammytoby Mon 03-Feb-14 12:32:14

You should choose the name YOU prefer, not us smile.

Personally I find both Amelia and Grace a little overused, but they are both widely used, fine names.

I love Francesca though - beautiful, elegant and not as overused!

Madallie Mon 03-Feb-14 12:39:28

Thanks all.

Thanks Tammy, will def choose the name I like, just nice to hear some other perspectives/ideas.

poorincashrichinlove Mon 03-Feb-14 12:48:58

I liked Grace for DD but when she arrived she was a lovely big, chubby chunk of a baby. She's now slightly built but very clumsy. I'm glad ee didnt go for Grace as it totally didn't suit her.

How can you name your baby before you've seen/met her? Surely a list with a bit of variety is the way to go

GreenShadow Mon 03-Feb-14 12:55:04

Out of your suggestions, Amelia Grace sounds best, but as Grace was always one of my first choices for our (non-existent) girl I personally would go for Grace but with a different middle name.

GlitzAndGiggles Mon 03-Feb-14 12:56:47

I like Amelia Grace or Grace Amelia. Personally not keen on the name Francesca. Lucia is nice I know an Italian with the name pronounced Loochia it's lovely

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now