Talk

Advanced search

A sister for Rose

(13 Posts)
fortheloveofRose Thu 24-Oct-13 22:15:18

I'm due in a few weeks time, and we just cannot agree on names for a girl. Any suggestions what would go lovely with DD1 Rose? On our short list we have;

Eimear
Susannah
Victoria
Mary
Elisabeth
Anna
Carolina
Rebecca

What do you think? Thank yóu thanks

RadagastTheBrown Thu 24-Oct-13 22:57:53

Elanor - with DD1 being Rose, this is a flower inspired name from Lord of the Rings.

emmyloo2 Fri 25-Oct-13 05:31:09

Oooh great selection. I love all of them except the first and that's because I am not familiar with it. All the other ones were on our list at one point, except we had Caroline, not Carolina. Interestingly I always intended to called DD Rose and then changed my mind. My DD is Victoria so of course I think that is fabulous but otherwise I would choose Susannah, Anna or Rebecca I think. Elizabeth is a little more popular and so I would discount that on that basis alone, although it is lovely. Mary is very nice but perhaps a little plain next to Rose? and would it sound like Rosemary when you were calling both of them?

But honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

Rtfairy Mon 28-Oct-13 21:30:42

Anna or Elisabeth smile

Chottie Tue 29-Oct-13 03:17:35

Violet or Lillie smile

TombOfMummyBeerest Tue 29-Oct-13 03:36:22

Mary or Victoria

KeatsiePie Tue 29-Oct-13 03:41:21

You've got my name on there!!! Ridiculously pleased for some reason. Go with that one grin

And not Mary btw. b/c saying "this is Rose, and Mary" will start to feel too much like you are saying "this is Rosemary."

FloatingHandle Tue 29-Oct-13 03:44:09

Eimear or Elisabeth

KeatsiePie Tue 29-Oct-13 03:47:15

Oh -- emmylou said the Rosemary thing already. Was preoccupied by the presence of my name blush

How do you pronounce Eimar?

IBelieveInAngles Tue 29-Oct-13 03:49:23

Susannah, for sure. Beautiful name, loads of nickname options. It flows well, too- two short names can sound odd together for siblings sometimes. She could be a Susie/Annie/Anna/Suze etc; and it's just beautiful!

sleepingbeautiful Tue 29-Oct-13 04:37:06

I'd choose Victoria or Susannah from your list. I wouldn't choose Anna for the same reasons people have given for Mary.
Other suggestions:
Helena
Laura
Cecilia
Lydia

smithwillsam Tue 29-Oct-13 05:56:13

Well, Susannah is such a beautiful name. It flows well, too - Two nicknames can sound odd together for sibling sometimes. The name Susannah is thought to have originated from the Biblical name 'Shoshannah' which meant a lily or a rose.
http://www.babynology.com/meaning-susannah-f1.html

Hattie103 Tue 29-Oct-13 07:29:18

One of my middle names is Rose, the other is Lysbeth. I think they go well together but I could be biased ��

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now