Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

If I have a Jude can I have a Sadie?

(24 Posts)
littlepeas Wed 03-Jul-13 09:48:28

I'm not even pregnant, but have still been pondering this! My eldest is Jude, I then have a dd and another ds. If we were to have another dd I really like Sadie, but would that be awful? The names wouldn't be listed next to each other on Christmas cards as there would be two others inbetween! Would people even really notice? I like other names so it wouldn't be the end of the world.

justpotteringabout Wed 03-Jul-13 09:54:38

I was thinking this the other day. We have a Jude and I like Sadie too but thought it would be a no no. Out of interest, what are the other siblings called? As long as they're not Sienna or Rafferty etc I reckon you could get away with it.

Startail Wed 03-Jul-13 09:59:54

I'm missing something here, Jude and Sadie are perfectly reasonable names, I'm obviously being thick.

Branleuse Wed 03-Jul-13 10:01:29

yes fine. I don't think most people would make the connection and even if they did, so what

happystory Wed 03-Jul-13 10:02:26

I wouldn't personally (although it's a pretty name.)

LillyofWinchester Wed 03-Jul-13 10:04:37

Hmmm, well I like the name Sadie but unless it was absolutely the only name I liked I wouldn't. Could it be a middle name instead, or is there a similar name you like? If you did go for it at least you have other children so you don't need to say the names together.

MayMiracle Wed 03-Jul-13 10:06:48

I think littlepeas means Jude Law and Sadie Frost connotation, but it took me quite a while to figure it out smile

I don't think many people would make the association, and both very sweet names!

PerchedOnMyPeddleStool Wed 03-Jul-13 10:15:21

Lovely names, I wouldn't let the association bother me.
Most people wouldn't even get it.

Looks at DD1, thinking how to give her NN Sadie.....

MeeWhoo Wed 03-Jul-13 10:15:22

I thought you were talking about a Beatles association... so behind the times!

notso Wed 03-Jul-13 10:15:25

I probably wouldn't but then I'm not keen on Sadie, it's what my Dad calls fizzy drinks!

Anjou Wed 03-Jul-13 10:58:26

I didn't get the association until you mentioned Sienna & Rafferty. Like MeWhoo, I thought you meant Hey Jude/Sexy Sadie. And that's not a connection I would've made unless you mentioned there WAS a connection so I think you should use Sadie. Lovely, classic but cool, nice for little girls but grown ups too name. smile

Layl77 Wed 03-Jul-13 12:34:09

It's fine if you have other kids in between!

badtime Wed 03-Jul-13 13:28:08

Sadie is was originally a nickname for Sarah. If you're worried, you could use Sarah but call her Sadie.

Alisvolatpropiis Wed 03-Jul-13 20:25:02

I think it's probably fine. They're hardly Mark and Cleopatra are they smile

DiggerKez Thu 04-Jul-13 12:44:59

I too have a Jude, who had he been a girl would have been Sadie. I'm now expecting number 2, and although we don't know the sex would love to still use Sadie for a girl, but hubby is somewhat against it. I know thre are lots of other names, but none i like as much. Any suggestions for what may go well with Jude are appreciated.
I like Leo, Seth & Teddy for boys, but then think they've become rather popular recently. Difficult!

ArabellaBeaumaris Thu 04-Jul-13 12:46:31

I had no idea what you were talking about until another poster spelt it out! I think it's fine.

NappiesandGladrags Thu 04-Jul-13 13:45:22

Gorgeous I love it!...really wouldn't bother me, and wouldn't think many people would make the connection. xx

NappiesandGladrags Thu 04-Jul-13 13:52:53

Gorgeous I love it!...really wouldn't bother me, and wouldn't think many people would make the connection. xx

WinkyWinkola Thu 04-Jul-13 13:55:20

Lovely names.

Anjou Thu 04-Jul-13 22:36:26

I was thinking about this earlier. Going back to The Beatles, you may not want to use Sadie if your other 2 DC's are Maxwell, Rita, Vera, Chuck, Dave, Julia or any other name from a Beatles song! smile

miffybun73 Thu 04-Jul-13 22:39:20

Lovely names, but I would say no you can't.

People might think that you'd chosen them because of the connection which would be very weird.

mrsshackleton Mon 08-Jul-13 16:59:24

No, just no.

WinkyWinkola Mon 08-Jul-13 19:58:14

But Jude and Sadie were hardly big news were they? Just in the press for a year or so in the '90's.

Great combo. Go for it.

Zynnia Mon 08-Jul-13 21:19:32

If they were your only two children I'd say no, but if you have a Jude, another child, another child and then a Sadie, I wouldn't worry about it now. Sure they are divorced now anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now