Talk

Advanced search

Can you help me decide please?

(16 Posts)
curiousgeorgie Thu 09-May-13 10:46:55

I loved my choice of first name so much I let DH choose the middle name as a compromise, but now that the baby is almost here, I'm wavering so he's given me a second middle name option as I'm really not sold on the first one.

The only other thing (DH is concerned about) is that name 1 is what our 2.5 DD has been calling my bump for the past few months...

Seraphina Honey

Seraphina Amelie

(and is that how you spell Amelie??) smile

ItsallisnowaFeegle Thu 09-May-13 10:51:26

I love Seraphina Amelie. Beautiful name.

MolotovCocktail Thu 09-May-13 10:55:04

I like Seraphina Honey smile

soontobeslendergirl Thu 09-May-13 11:44:01

Middle names are seldom used in everyday life. So, to me they are either there to honour someone or as a chance to be a bit different and wild or to provide a useable alternative if a particularly way out first name is used.

Amelie probably fits the last reason better if you feel that Seraphina might be a bit "way out" in your enviroment/social circle, nd Honey fits better in the second reason.

Honey definitely flows better but it depends on what your middle name "driver" is.

snickersnacker Thu 09-May-13 12:24:25

Seraphina Amelie is beautiful.

'Honey' will be mortifying after the age of 12.

curiousgeorgie Thu 09-May-13 12:26:07

Well, Seraphina is my choice so DH wanted to get his 'favourite' in by way of a middle name. That's the only reasoning really.

I'm thinking if when she's older she really hates Seraphina, she can very easily call herself Sarah?

curiousgeorgie Thu 09-May-13 12:26:36

Snicker - that's what I'm worried about!

MolotovCocktail Thu 09-May-13 13:09:51

It depends on what kind of person she grows up to be. Of course, I hated my 'boring' name for a while and wished my parents had chosen something more unusual! (Born in the early 1980s and I fitted in with the many Jessica, Laura, Kimberley, Lucy and Katie-type names). You can't predict every eventuality. Just go with the name you both like the most smile

ZolaBuddleia Thu 09-May-13 13:14:16

Love Seraphina. I don't like the two vowels sliding together that you would get with Amelie. Honey isn't the same 'type' of name as Seraphina, does that bother you?

JojoMags Thu 09-May-13 13:49:17

I like Seraphina Honey. I wish that was my name and I'm in my 30s!

FlightyAphrodite Thu 09-May-13 14:03:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

thermalsinapril Thu 09-May-13 14:10:50

Seraphina Amelie is beautiful.

sleepingbeautiful Thu 09-May-13 15:48:56

I like Seraphina Honey. I wouldn't give Honey as a first name (although have met a couple grown up ones), but I think it works as a quirky middle name. As a grown up it will make her sound like a Bond girl though - if you're cool with that then let hubby have his name.

picnicbasketcase Thu 09-May-13 15:51:54

I think they're both lovely actually, but that's no help. I think I would go for Amelie if the embarrassment factor is a concern but middle names aren't really used for anything so she'd find it quite easy to never use it if she hated Honey.

ipswitch Thu 09-May-13 16:09:08

I like Seraphina Honey too.

curiousgeorgie Thu 09-May-13 20:43:37

Thanks, I'm still having a think about it but surprised by the reaction to Seraphina Honey... It's been very laughably received in real life!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now