Talk

Advanced search

Girl's middle name -Charlie?

(7 Posts)
MrsAmaretto Wed 08-May-13 07:59:07

Hello,
My FIL is known as Charlie so if this overdue baby is a boy his middle name will be Charles. DS1's middle name is my dad's.

But if it's a girl what do you think of the middle name Charlie? I would prefer Charlotte, but dn has that as her middle name.

I can't think of any other Charles inspired girl names. I want the middle name to be after FIL as this might be last child we have. If this one ever comes out sad Thanks!

SoupDragon Wed 08-May-13 08:04:29

Charlene? <<channels vintage neighbours>>

SoupDragon Wed 08-May-13 08:05:34

I don't think middle names are overly important so, whilst I wouldn't use it as a first name, Charley/Charlie as a middle name would be fine.

WhatchaMaCalllit Wed 08-May-13 08:07:50

Well I've heard of boys having the name Mary as one of their middle names so I wouldn't be worrying if you want to have Charlie as a girls middle name. Just go with what you want and what means something to you.

I was looking up Google to see if there were other variations and this is the link to the options:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles#Derived_feminine_names

BNmum Wed 08-May-13 08:11:12

Personally I would go with Charlotte, as it would be a middle name in both cases I wouldn't have thought it an issue. Could you ask if they would mind you using it?
Alternatively, I can't think of much:
Charis
Charlene
Charlee

MrsAmaretto Wed 08-May-13 08:42:36

Thanks all, Charleen was the only other name I could think of too!

I wondered about speaking to SIL about using Charlotte. I do know 1 wee girl called Charley and another called Jamie, so it wouldn't be too weird to have a middle name after your grandad.

thermalsinapril Wed 08-May-13 09:35:14

I'd rather have Charlotte as my middle name than Charlie.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now