Talk

Advanced search

just stuck for a middle name now.

(13 Posts)
ditsydoll Wed 17-Apr-13 14:14:08

Due in 5 weeks and if we have a girl she will be Esmé, can't decide on a middle name so here's our ideas and any other ideas appreciated smile

Esmé Scarlett
Esmé Rose

I loved Scarlett as a first name but Dh won't let me so would love to use it as a middle name if it works.

Thanks

ditsydoll Wed 17-Apr-13 14:18:43

If it helps our last name is a 3 syllable common name smile

fussychica Wed 17-Apr-13 16:09:14

Both lovely but think Esme work best with Rose. Good luck, not long now.

purrpurr Wed 17-Apr-13 16:14:07

What lovely name choices. I love Scarlett, although either would work. Can I just ask what your motivation is for having a middle name? I'm asking because we're really struggling to agree on a middle name, to the point where if my DH walks past me saying DD-to-be's first name then any random middle name then our surname ONE more time I might go a bit crackers. It's got me thinking, why do we have middle names? Is it just the done thing?

ditsydoll Wed 17-Apr-13 16:45:25

Well when I chose Dds name Dh vetoed it as a first name so I used it in the middle so it was still part of her name, so with this baby I wanted him/her to have a middle name.
Dsis and I both have middle names but my brother doesn't and always said he felt as if my mum just never bothered to give him one lol.
My Dh seems to say no to every name I suggest so I know how you feel.. you wouldn't think we where the ones who carried them for 9 months!

ditsydoll Wed 17-Apr-13 20:25:13

If any of you have an Esmé what do you nn her?

everlong Wed 17-Apr-13 20:29:08

I love Esme. I think Rose goes better with it.

I also like Juliet, Charlotte and Harriet.

ditsydoll Wed 17-Apr-13 20:52:38

Thanks everlong I do think Rose flows nicer but I really love Scarlett and can't let go of it lol

IroningBoredDaily Wed 17-Apr-13 20:56:20

I have an Esme (ee). She's usually called Esme. She's sometimes called Es or Essie by her siblings.

everlong Wed 17-Apr-13 20:56:54

Go with Scarlett if you really love it. You'll only regret it if you don't.

smile

ditsydoll Wed 17-Apr-13 20:57:15

Essie is cute smile

MummyBurrows Wed 17-Apr-13 21:14:38

I'd vote Esme Rose but perhaps have Esme-Rose Scarlett so uve got all 3? That way uve got the Esme Rose flow as a double barrelled first name and ur beloved Scarlett as a middle name smile Still sounds just as lovely to me using all 3 names in that way xx

Ham69 Wed 17-Apr-13 21:16:32

Definitely Esme Scarlett. I think it goes really well and you love the name so why not?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now