Talk

Advanced search

Iolo, Gwilym, Reuben, Arthur or Maxim?

(7 Posts)
Artichook Tue 16-Apr-13 20:22:09

The first two are DH's favs. DH is Welsh but our family is being born and will be raised in the South East of England. Our connections to Wales aren't obvious.

The last three are names we both agree on but probably dont love. TBH i dont love any boys' names. Reuben is a family name.

So which names do people prefer and will the Welsh names just be too hard to pronounce for the south easterners that the kids will grow up with?

forevergreek Tue 16-Apr-13 21:40:15

I like the last 3 also.

What about Maxian instead of maxim?

CecyHall Tue 16-Apr-13 21:44:40

I think I like Reuben the most.

Iolo, is that pronounced like Yolo? If so it just makes me think of you only live once.

I've only ever known Maxim's that weren't very nice so my opinion is skewed there.

ChompieMum Tue 16-Apr-13 21:54:04

How about Dylan, Rhys, Osian (promounced Osh-an) or Griff if you are considering Welsh boys names? Iolo in particular is unusual even in Wales.

muffinino82 Tue 16-Apr-13 22:51:02

Arthur is lovely, a favourite of mine and Welsh to boot!

Ianto is another favourite of mine.

Gwyn
Rhys
Idris

ShadowStorm Wed 17-Apr-13 00:04:56

Isn't Maxim also the name of a men's magazine? The type filled with pictures of scantily clad women in provocative poses? I'd avoid Maxim.

(Apologies if I've got that mixed up with a magazine with a similar name)

Out of the other names, I like Arthur best then Reuben. I don't really know how Iolo and Gwilym should be pronounced. (I'm English BTW)

Apileofballyhoo Wed 17-Apr-13 01:54:17

Arthur is a fine,strong name.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now