Talk

Advanced search

Stupid George Bush!

(8 Posts)
CheerfulYank Mon 15-Apr-13 20:40:22

His first granddaughter has just been born and they have called her Margaret. Which is our name for DD, due in 5 weeks.

angry It's not a popular name in the US at all, and everyone will think we copied them.

I am hormonally, irrationally angry.

MolotovCocktail Mon 15-Apr-13 21:21:32

Well, I can't help but think about neo-con loving Bush and the connection to Margaret Thatcher.

What about Maggie Simpson?

Anyhow, they didn't invent the name. It's Bush's grandchild, not his child, so the connection isn't as strong. Don't let them put you off.

Ham69 Mon 15-Apr-13 21:37:46

Sorry but I think I'd have to reconsider. Too close to Margaret Thatcher's passing also. They are 2 people I wouldn't want anyone thinking had any influence on the naming of my DD.

CheerfulYank Mon 15-Apr-13 21:39:07

Sigh. I know. I'm being irrational.

Apparently they have named the baby Margaret Laura, after both grandmothers, and will be calling her Mila.

Ours will be a Maggie. smile

CheerfulYank Mon 15-Apr-13 21:40:26

Ham I thought that too, but Thatcher really has no connotations in the States.

Ham69 Mon 15-Apr-13 21:47:24

Ok, that changes things then. As long as you're not planning on moving to th UK in the near future! I wouldn't worry so much about Bush's grandchild and 'Maggie' and 'Mila' are very different.
Good luck.

3boysgirlontheway Tue 16-Apr-13 07:05:38

If they are calling her Mila why didn't they just call her Mila??

SassyPants Wed 17-Apr-13 08:43:36

Because they named her Margaret Laura after her grandmothers (which is apparently a family tradition).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now