Talk

Advanced search

Have expanded the list a little... (girls names)

(24 Posts)
CrimsonRed Mon 15-Apr-13 09:29:41

Which would you pick and why...

Ava Elizabeth

Eden Elizabeth

Lily Beth

Zara Beth

LaGuerta Mon 15-Apr-13 09:32:35

Zara Beth because it is the most distinctive of the options but nicer than Eden. Prefer Zara Elizabeth though.

Ruprekt Mon 15-Apr-13 09:34:30

Ava Elizabeth because it flows nicely.

Do not like Eden AT ALL! Bit too chavvy modern for my liking.

Lily is pretty but not with Beth. Lilybeth sounds like a made up name.

Do not like Zara.

My fave combination of all of them would be

Lily Ava Elizabeth tbh.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Mon 15-Apr-13 09:47:12

Wasn't the Queen's nickname Lilibeth when little? Personally I wouldn't go for Lily Beth.

Ava and Eva are pretty popular, if that doesn't bother you then Ava Elizabeth sounds pretty.

Agree with Ruprekt I'd prefer Lily Ava Elizabeth.

CrimsonRed Mon 15-Apr-13 10:06:51

I actually think Lilibeth is quite cute...

We love Ava and Lily, but are waivering because they are both extremely popular. Hence we are also considering Eden and Zara.

ps I'm not actually from the UK (am from the colonies though smile )

HorryIsUpduffed Mon 15-Apr-13 10:45:37

I like Lily as a derivative of Elizabeth so I wouldn't use them together.

I know too many Ava/Eva/Evies.

I do like Zara though. Zara Elizabeth for me.

cozyup Mon 15-Apr-13 10:56:52

Hi really like your choice of Lily Beth.
But I also thought if you wanted or liked Lila Beth so cute.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Mon 15-Apr-13 11:19:15

I guess if you like the name it won't worry you if it's very popular but in that case maybe Zara or Eden would be better.

I think Zara Elizabeth flows better than Eden Elizabeth, <tries to be helpful but floundering>.

As a second name Lily makes a nice change from Rose.

CrimsonRed Mon 15-Apr-13 11:21:45

DH is stuck on Elizabeth for the middle name, as it's his grandmother's name...

Although I have to say Zara Lily sounds pretty good to me!

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Mon 15-Apr-13 11:22:55

Coming round now to Zara Beth. Still a nod to DH's grandma.

lottiegarbanzo Mon 15-Apr-13 11:25:11

Ava Elizabeth

Elizabeth is so much nicer than just Beth.

CrimsonRed Mon 15-Apr-13 11:27:45

BTW cozyup, I like Lila Beth too. DH not so keen on Lila though...

Umlauf Mon 15-Apr-13 12:37:13

I love Eden, am torn between Eden and Edith to give the nn Edie. I had a thread here asking about it and it was completely 50/50 (helpful!)

What saddened me was that the naysayers said it was a chavvy name, which I don't want, but I would rather that reaction before birth than after. I am still considering it though!

All your names are lovely but I prefer Elizabeth to Beth, you can have Beth as a nn (but I am not a fan of nns on BCs so that's just personal)

I agree Ava is just very popular at the moment so be prepared for her being Big Ava or Ginger Ava or Skinny Ava or whatever differentiates her! I was Big Umlauf at school it was horrible!

Zara is cool, I like it! It makes me think of the shop but then I live in Spain! And then Zara Phillips. Not bad connotations!

Zara Elizabeth has the best ring i think, and would be awesome if your surname begins with N!

CrimsonRed Mon 15-Apr-13 13:11:27

Hmmm.... thanks for the response Umlauf. Unfortunately I worry about the similarity of Eden to Edith, as Edith was the name of DH's evil stepmother! (now passed away). Her nickname was Edie, so I was thinking if we went with Eden - the nn would be Eddy (pronounced like the boys name Eddie)?

We always liked Zara, but believe it or not, it's relatively where we're from... but no where near as popular as Ava or Lily.

HorryIsUpduffed Mon 15-Apr-13 13:23:21

I have Eithne (eth-nuh) on my list which gives the nickname Eddie, if that's of interest?

everlong Mon 15-Apr-13 13:53:45

Ava

thermalsinapril Mon 15-Apr-13 16:02:46

Zara Elizabeth

fussychica Mon 15-Apr-13 18:12:33

Ava Elizabeth sounds lovely to me.

CrimsonRed Tue 16-Apr-13 06:26:39

Ok further discussions last night and think we've shortlisted even further to ...

Ava Elizabeth

or

Zara Beth

Now to decide on whether we want to use ultra popular Ava or more 'distinctive' Zara......

MsAkimbo Tue 16-Apr-13 06:34:34

Go for distinctive! FWIW I know 3 Ava Elizabeths.

nooka Tue 16-Apr-13 06:37:52

Zara is great, but Zara Beth to me turnsinto Zarabeth which is a little strange sounding. I don't really like nicknames as middle names (or first names for that matter, but somehow it looks odder in the middle to me).

Zara Elizabeth sounds very classy, almost regal (isn't their a Zara in the royal family?)

peggyblackett Tue 16-Apr-13 06:38:12

Eden Elizabeth. I love the name Eden.

JumpingJackSprat Tue 16-Apr-13 06:51:48

I love zara elizabeth i think it flows much better than zara beth. zara is a beautiful distinctive name. personally i dont like eden because its pretty unisex these days - i see it fairly often in my job and its a name that seems to be split fairly evenly between sexes.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Tue 16-Apr-13 07:32:04

As long as your surname doesn't start with D then Zara Beth. If you were planning on switching the names I'd use the full version of Elizabeth to give DD more choices of short versions.

Ava is lovely but if you want something a bit less likely to cause a stampede when you call DD's name, Zara might be better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now