Talk

Advanced search

Think you've decided on a name? Check out where it ranks on the official list of the most popular baby names first.

Boys names?

(21 Posts)
Madamecastafiore Sun 14-Apr-13 15:28:41

I like:

Jago
Otto
Milo
Hector
Ivo
Theodore

I like Ivo the most though. What do these names conjure up for you.

DH has said the word wankery a lot

thermalsinapril Sun 14-Apr-13 16:00:48

I like Theodore best from your list. It's classic and Theo is a nice nickname.

Some of the others are a bit trendy.

Madamecastafiore Sun 14-Apr-13 16:11:16

Oooooh that's what I don't want, nothing trendy at all. Both DCs have very classic strong names.

fussychica Sun 14-Apr-13 16:31:20

Only Theo for me - others aren't my cup of tea, bit trendy & public school. What goes best with your surname?

DebsMorgan Sun 14-Apr-13 17:40:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

barbben Sun 14-Apr-13 18:29:17

i like milo, so cute

pygmy Sun 14-Apr-13 18:50:10

We have very similar taste! My boy list is Ivo, Hector, Otto, Milo, Edgar and Albert. Ivo being my favourite too!

jkklpu Sun 14-Apr-13 18:51:34

Partly depends on your surname/cultural connections. Isn't Ivo a Balkan name, eg Serbian, Croat? If you have no connection to this culture, it's rather unusual to choose a name. I like Jago best from your list, esp if you have Cornish connections.
Milo for me is like Arlo, seems quite a try-hard trendy name just now. But each to his/her own.

tilder Sun 14-Apr-13 18:54:29

I would say those names were quite trendy in a south London kind of way.

My favourite is Theo but its definitely trendy. Milo is a chocolate drink bit like nesquik.

Madamecastafiore Sun 14-Apr-13 19:07:57

God, am starting to go off them all now! I don't want anything trendy just something a bit cool and not boring.

Iseeall Sun 14-Apr-13 19:13:13

Love Jago and Hector

DebsMorgan Sun 14-Apr-13 19:15:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Madamecastafiore Sun 14-Apr-13 19:23:25

DH really loves that debs but feel it a little far out for me. He also likes Bruno and Cosmo!!

muminthecity Sun 14-Apr-13 19:25:14

I love Theodore, my friend has just given birth to a gorgeous little Theodore, he will be known as Teddy.

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Sun 14-Apr-13 19:40:20

Love Hector and Theodore is nice. Not fond of the others.

I think Bruno and Cosmo are more 'wanky' than those tbh.

Madamecastafiore Sun 14-Apr-13 19:43:59

Ha ha love it. Thanks Remus.

He likes Iago but we not welsh or Spanish!

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Sun 14-Apr-13 19:48:46

How about Inigo? Horace? Terence?

And the one I think needs more recognition but nobody likes, Roland. smile

Madamecastafiore Sun 14-Apr-13 19:52:06

Oooophhhh Roland reminds me of Grange Hill.

I like Inigo but not Horace and although love Terence Stamp couldn't risk a Terry!

Artichook Sun 14-Apr-13 19:58:15

I like Hector and Theodore a lot. They are both names with a strong history so I would not call them "trendy" even if they have had a recent spike in popularity. I wanted Hector for our DC3 but I shorten names without thinking and "Hec" isn't great, although "Tor" is OK.

Ivo was on my list but someone on here pointed out is sounds like "I've a" like "Ivo a willy" and that put me off.

Littlecherublegs Mon 15-Apr-13 13:20:47

Only really like Theo from your list.

I would say most (if not all) are 'trendy' maybe 'posh' sounding names at the mo.

Other suggestions: Barnaby, Amos, Rafferty, Silas, Luca, Elijah, Micah, Cornelius, Jude, Seth, Atticus, Linus, Xander, Cole, Wyatt

MissLurkalot Mon 15-Apr-13 13:47:22

I'm with you on the O sound at the end... I love it.
I like Theo the most on your list!
My OH says the same to most of my suggestions for our 4th dc! He likes Jacob/Jake/Harry.

My list is now

My top 2 being...
Henri
Josef

Linus
Jacob
Jonas
Jake
Harry
Sammy
Sam
Maxim
Rufus
James
Jamie
Jasper
Hugo
Bruno

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: