Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sister for Lila

(25 Posts)
biscuitbrown Sat 13-Apr-13 23:11:11

I love, love, love DD's name - Lila - and am really struggling to find something to match it for 2nd DD on the way.

Thinking of Kitty? Not as a NN.

Grace & Ava were always my favourites when I was little but are too popular, would prefer something not in the top 50.

Any thoughts or other ideas? Love old school glamour!

biscuitbrown Sat 13-Apr-13 23:12:54

Should have said - also thinking of Lexi (Alexa)...

thermalsinapril Sat 13-Apr-13 23:26:10

Emma
Juliet
Sara
Melissa
Talia
Coralie
Anna
Nina
Zara

manicinsomniac Sun 14-Apr-13 00:05:12

Kitty is nice though I'd probably make her a Katherine officially. I know a Kitty who's actually Caitlin which I think is a bit strange.
I also really like Alexa (or Alexis or Alexi?)

I don't really know what you mean by 'old school glamour'? How about:
Margot, Carmen, Anna, Darcey, Camille, Marlie, Marnie, Zara, Gabrielle, Julia, Lydia, Cara, Cora.

TidyDancer Sun 14-Apr-13 00:08:18

I think Lexi and variations of it have become too popular lately. The only name that leads to that nn that I would consider now is Alexandra. Classic and beautiful.

Marin is my secret favourite name but DP won't consider it. sad

cozyup Sun 14-Apr-13 09:40:12

How about
Nicola
Zoe
Jenny
Zara
Eva
Tammy
Chloe
Angel
Libby

lovemybabyboy Sun 14-Apr-13 10:57:47

Maisy
Rose
Marie

amandasegal Sun 14-Apr-13 11:30:26

i love zoe, and ava

Panzee Sun 14-Apr-13 11:32:12

Jessica.

MummyYah Sun 14-Apr-13 11:38:31

Martha

biscuitbrown Sun 14-Apr-13 11:56:30

Thank you all - particularly like Zara - but always wonder if it sounds like naming your daughter after a shop now?

Camille and Zoe are good ones too.

Is Ava too overused?

Can't believe how opinionated DH is about names, especially as he chose Lila! Think that is why I'm struggling. I've always wanted a Grace but he thinks it is too ubiquitous....

TidyDancer Sun 14-Apr-13 12:01:38

Ava is overused now, which is sad because its been on my 'list' since I was a teenager, way before it became popular.

It's on the list for DC3 anyway, because I have only personally met one other Ava so hopeful that it may be in decline.

Alexandra6 Sun 14-Apr-13 13:37:01

Sorry to hijack but do you pronounce Lila as lie-la? Just wondering as it's a pretty name and we hasn't thought of it! Is it relatively common? Ideally I'd like a name that people know now to pronounce/spell really easily.

TidyDancer Sun 14-Apr-13 14:49:24

Alexandra - that's correct. It's the same as the way the Oasis song pronounces it.

gingerbubs Sun 14-Apr-13 14:57:06

I know lovely twins called lila and sylvie

johnnycomelurky Sun 14-Apr-13 15:15:22

Iris
Carys
Eloise
Juliet

Lila is one of my favourite names and top of my list. I also like Alexa, Grace and Ava but doubt I'd use any of them as so popular. Think Stlvie is a fab suggestion as well.

johnnycomelurky Sun 14-Apr-13 15:15:49

Hmm Sylvie, of course!

fluffygal Sun 14-Apr-13 15:25:48

My DD's best friend is called Lila, her sister is Raya. If you like Zara, how about Zanna (pronounced like Hannah)?

AlfalfaMum Sun 14-Apr-13 15:39:03

Are you Kate Moss grin

I thought Sylvie too, johnnycomelurky smile

There's are lots of names that are too similar, so it is a bit tricky. other names that end with la are out I think. Kitty is nice.
I know a Lola with a sister named Coco, I think they go together really nicely.
Jessie/Jess
Rose/Rosie (but not Rosa, too matchy)
Esther
Clemmie
Clara
Freya

fussychica Sun 14-Apr-13 16:36:20

Laurel
May
Inez
Lexi is great.

biscuitbrown Thu 18-Apr-13 13:47:55

Yes, we pronounce it Lie-la - I don't know any others, and most people seem to get the pronunciation right - we get the occasional Leela or Leila, but I don't really mind because that happens even with my name which is relatively common! (And really really easy to pronounce!).

I love Coco! But unfortunately I called my cat that! Have seriously thought of changing the cat's name but obviously that would be a bit weird!! smile

Eloise and Ines are big faces too, but DH not keen on the former...

Lovely ideas though thanks everyone. And sadly am not Kate Moss, but wish I felt like her while I'm sitting here 8 months preggers...

biscuitbrown Thu 18-Apr-13 13:48:32

Whoops, I mean Eloise and Ines are big faves... autocorrect interfering there.

IroningBoredDaily Thu 18-Apr-13 14:16:59

Lila & Nina
Lila & Naomi
Lila & Zara

wigglesrock Thu 18-Apr-13 16:08:12

Would old school film stars be the way :

Grace (which I know you like)
Vivienne
Ava (which you mentioned)
Audrey
Jean or Harlowe
Greta
Ingrid
Natalie
Olivia
Elsa
Elise
Maggie

Sonkey Fri 19-Apr-13 02:47:24

Love the names Lila and Zara. How about Runa?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now