Talk

Advanced search

Reaction to name

(6 Posts)
Wildwaterfalls Wed 10-Apr-13 18:25:40

Friends have had a DS and DH has responded to the birth announcement email and included the following:

"X is a lovely name, I suggested it to Wildwaterfalls before DD was born, so a big thumbs up from me"

Do you think this is implies I don't like the name? DH thinks I am being oversensitive esp. as we didn't have a boy in the end, but I think he could have said something along the lines of "we considered that name for a boy".

Trivial I know but I don't want to offend the new mum and dad! FWIW I do like the name...

Ragwort Wed 10-Apr-13 18:28:50

Yes, I think you are being over sensitive. Your DH is merely telling your friends that he loves the name and had thought of it for his own child (if it had been a boy) .............. you are massively over thinking this smile.

Bowlersarm Wed 10-Apr-13 18:28:52

Over thinking it. It was a nice compliment from your DH, nothing more and nothing less

wiltingfast Wed 10-Apr-13 18:55:42

Wow, major overthinking!

wigglesrock Wed 10-Apr-13 19:15:06

Yes, I think you're being a bit over sensitive. I say stuff like that all the time ie "oh that's a beautiful name, we were thinking of it for dd3" I actually think I've said it on these boards more than once smile

Wildwaterfalls Wed 10-Apr-13 19:30:28

Thank you! Will stop being slightly crazy worrying. It's been a long day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now