Talk

Advanced search

StarTrekFan's baby name shortlist

(12 Posts)
StarTrekFan Sat 06-Apr-13 20:15:28

Just out of curiosity! Let me know what you think. Please make suggestions also smile

Boys
Albert
Alexander
Alfred
Arthur
Benedict
Cosmo
Inigo
Jago
James
Jean-Luc
Leif
Leon
Luc
Mortimer
Oscar
Reuben
Samuel
Serge
Vincent

Girls
Alice
Beatrix
Celeste
Dorothea
Elodie
Emmeline
Esmeralda
Estelle
Judith
Lyra
Margot
Marguerite
Phoebe
Ruth
Seren
Stella
Susan
Ursula
Violet

BridalSuite Sat 06-Apr-13 20:47:45

Cosmo, Oscar and Arthur are great from your boys list. From the girls list I love Beatrix, Violet and Celeste.

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Sat 06-Apr-13 20:50:29

From the title I honestly thought that it would be a short list of names from star trek! grin

My favourites from your boys list are Oscar and Arthur and from your girls list are Elodie and Seren

kaumana Sat 06-Apr-13 20:54:37

How about Benjamin( Sisko DS9)?

StarTrekFan Sat 06-Apr-13 21:06:49

Sadly taken already by a someone in the family kaumana! Would be a good one though smile

zeldapinwheel Sat 06-Apr-13 21:16:21

James
Kirk
Jean-luc
Worf
Scottie
Riker
Deanna
Beverly
Janeway
Seven of nine

Lionsntigersnbears Sat 06-Apr-13 21:44:04

I like lots if your names! Jean -luc only works if you have a french-ish surname though. If you like Mortimer what about Montgomery (Scott) nn Monty?

kaumana Sat 06-Apr-13 21:47:18

Alexander or Celeste would be my choices from your lists.

thermalsinapril Sat 06-Apr-13 23:09:46

I like these:

Alexander
Benedict
James
Reuben
Samuel
Vincent

Emmeline
Marguerite
Phoebe
Ruth
Susan
Violet

mirrorman Mon 08-Apr-13 15:04:15

I was expecting a list of slightly-modified-to-sound-appropriate Star Trek names, too - and I'm a bit disappointed I didn't get it.

Kira, Elanna (as in B'), Deanna (actually, I prefer Dianna), Annika, Jade or Jada for Jadzia, even normal ones like Kathryn and Naomi. Or Kim as in Harry?

I guess there's no chance I could convince you to name your DS Worf? Would be going for Will or Jordan (Jordy), or Tom or Harry, over Jean-Luc which, as mentioned, only sound right with a Frenchish surname.

mirrorman Mon 08-Apr-13 15:05:07

Or Tiberius, after James T., of course....

mirrorman Mon 08-Apr-13 15:08:08

Oh and from your list I would pick Oscar or Arthur, and Elodie, Lyra or Stella. Some really nice ones there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now