Talk

Advanced search

When do you start talking about names with your DH?

(12 Posts)
CruCru Mon 01-Apr-13 09:25:40

I am 3 months gone and keep bringing up names. DH thinks it's too early and that we should wait until I've had the 20 week scan.

PoppyWearer Mon 01-Apr-13 09:40:01

Personally I was quite superstitious, having had a few friends who'd had sad experiences...

If I were you, I would get a notepad and buy a baby names book and note down the ones you like. Then try to talk to your DH further down the line.

Congratulations!

CrackerJackShack Mon 01-Apr-13 11:50:41

Pfft. before I got pregnant the first time! LOL. This time around the moment I found out we were having a girl.

Beatrixpotty Mon 01-Apr-13 12:01:16

We waited until the 20week scan with DSs 2&3 and with DS3 chose a name that night.It did end up being his name but we did have a few discussions towards the end just in case there was something we had missed..there wasn't.With the other 2 we talked about it sometimes but only seriously towards the end and settled on a final name after delivery.

xigris Mon 01-Apr-13 12:03:37

Before I was pregnant with DS1! We argued discussed for weeks when I was preg with DS2&3 as couldn't agree on anything (I got my choice which imo is bloody fair anyway)

ttcnumero3 Mon 01-Apr-13 16:21:39

dc no 1 name was chosen before we were married. didnt try for a dc until 5 years later! we used the original name.

ttc number 3 now and in discussions re name. I'm a forward planner ;-)

Kt8791 Mon 01-Apr-13 16:36:33

I start trying to discuss after 12 week scan because I like to run a name through my head for a few weeks to see if I really like it! We are much better at agreeing boys names. I am currently 36 weeks pregnant and we have a short list if 3 boys names but we both agree on the number 1 choice. Girls until yesterday we had a short list of 15!! But I think we now have it down to 3. I worry about making a decision after giving birth incase lack of sleep means I make the wrong choice! And I don't discuss with anyone else:/) good luck op.

SanityClause Mon 01-Apr-13 16:40:40

Just because DH doesn't want to talk about it yet doesnt mean there's anything stopping you writing down your ideas, and posting them here. (You know you wanna!)

ttcnumero3 Mon 01-Apr-13 17:01:18

I agree with liking to have time to get my head around a name...plus i'm no use under pressure so like to have things sorted in advance. We struggle to agree which is another issue.... each time have put in a lot of 'work' to get a wee list. Once we have a list of 3 I relax!

wigglesrock Mon 01-Apr-13 19:32:22

I bought a baby name book the day after I found out I was pregnant. We didn't tell anyone until 12 weeks so devouring the baby name book helped me deal with the excitement grin

CruCru Mon 01-Apr-13 19:51:22

Well, I already am a bit of a gratuitous baby name thread starter. I have a long list of names which we ran through today. DH hates most but we found some we both liked.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Tue 02-Apr-13 14:19:17

I do recall your name popping up on the Baby names thread recently, (not stalking honest!). Will you share some fave names?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now