Talk

Advanced search

Think you've decided on a name? Check out where it ranks on the official list of the most popular baby names first.

Any thoughts on Anaïs?

(57 Posts)
EmeraldCoast Tue 19-Mar-13 14:49:53

I?m looking for a strong but feminine name that isn?t Amelia (love it but know three Amelias). What do you think about Anaïs?

ladymia Tue 19-Mar-13 20:55:34

OneLittleToddleTerror I am just going to assume you are the mother of either an Alfie or an Amelia and that you saw my comment as a personal attack. Your arguments have nothing to do with the OP's question.

I was merely pointing out that Amelia (TO ME) is not a strong name as per the original post and compared it to a name that is similar (TO ME) and that I quite like Anaïs.

Although, now people keep saying it's like Anus I have changed my mind anyways! grin

birdofthenorth Tue 19-Mar-13 22:04:10

How about Anoushka?

serin Tue 19-Mar-13 22:31:51

Angharad
Annie
Anna
Anne
Ann-Marie
Anna-Mae
Angela

All what I would call 'strong'

BeeBopDingALing Wed 20-Mar-13 00:04:16

I think OneLittleToddleTerror must have an Amelia.

What about Arianne?

OneLittleToddleTerror Wed 20-Mar-13 06:00:15

DD has a chinese name so it's foreign but hopefully not unpronounceable.

OneLittleToddleTerror Wed 20-Mar-13 09:13:44

By the way, bring it back to the original Anais. If I was told once it's an-nay-eese or an-nay, I would remember it. So I'd say go for it if you like it. I work in an office with lots of foreigners and some of their names are absolute tongue twisters!

Llareggub Wed 20-Mar-13 09:17:05

I am with those that forever associate it with erotica, and will imagine you are a fan of Anais Nin.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: