Talk

Advanced search

Girl's names?? Can't decide!

(10 Posts)
KMR2013 Tue 22-Jan-13 14:52:38

Baby girl is due in 11 weeks, and we can't decide on a name. We already have 2 son's called callum and samuel.
Our shortlist so far is:
EVIE
LAILAH
SERENNA
AALIYAH

Please give opinions on these names, or provide us with some new suggestions. We need inspiration. Thanks

Umlauf Tue 22-Jan-13 15:03:55

I vote Evie, it is very different to the other 3 and more universal somehow in my opinion. Aaliyah is pretty but reminds me of the pop star who died tragically, Serenna people may mispronounce and misspell it as Serena, and the same with Lailah, people would always be writing Laila. I have a tricky surname and I hate having to correct people's spelling every single time. Evie is my favourite!

Umlauf Tue 22-Jan-13 15:04:16

*Leila even, sorry!

monica77798 Tue 22-Jan-13 15:09:47

I agree with Umlauf. Evie is probably the best while the other 2 will often be mispronounced or misspelt.

Yfronts Tue 22-Jan-13 16:23:27

What about Seren or Sienna

KMR2013 Tue 22-Jan-13 16:55:06

I think evie is my favourite, it also has a special meaning as my husbands gran is called evelyn. My husband loves serenna, but we are worried people will mistake it for serena, which we dont like. I did think about sienna, but husband isnt too keen, and i find it hard not to associate the name with sienna miller. I am thinking maybe Evie Serenna.

sw11mumofone Tue 22-Jan-13 18:24:48

Depends if you want something unusual/less common or are happy to have a much more popular name. There are so many Evie's around now, it has become very popular. Serenna is pretty but agree it could be misread Serena. What about Sienna or Savannah? Or spell Leila in the more usual way so DD doesnt spend her whole life having to correct people.

Allthesanityinme Tue 22-Jan-13 18:30:28

Leila spelt theconventional way or Evie go best with your other two DC names imo

nicelyneurotic Wed 23-Jan-13 11:38:05

Sienna is a gorgeous name. Why not Serena or Seren, or even Seraphina? Lovely names and meanings.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Wed 23-Jan-13 14:33:39

Evie is lovely. Because of spelling issues regarding Serrena and Lailah, and as Evie is quite a popular name, I'd be tempted to plump for Aaliyah. Unusual and quite exotic.

KMR have you thought of Savannah? Or something like Leilani?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now