Talk

Advanced search

Think you've decided on a name? Check out where it ranks on the official list of the most popular baby names first.

What do you think of think of the following? Classic or not?

(30 Posts)
signuptoday Fri 18-Jan-13 15:27:10

Emma?

I have been reading previous posts and the comments range from 'dated' to 'classic'. There were quite a few Emmas in my school so I don't see it as new and fresh but I really like it and think it stands the test of time which is what we want. What do you think?

DontmindifIdo Sun 20-Jan-13 20:38:16

I know a couple of children called Emma, but it's not overused. DH really likes it, I just always think of the main character in the Jane Austin book, and she always struck me as I bet I'd find her really irritating in real life... (Whereas the Rebecca from the book of the name, always made me think that actually she sounded great to go for a couple of drinks with)

FantasticMax Sun 20-Jan-13 20:56:41

When I was pregnant with DC1 this was my DH's top name for a girl. I discounted it because I thought it was a bit dull.

However, since then I've changed my mind. I think it's a beautiful, classic name and if we have a second DD it will most likely be an Emma.

I'm a huge fan of classic, timeless - and dare I say it, safe names. I'll save my more quirky names for the dog!

Yfronts Tue 22-Jan-13 00:41:24

I like it but adore Emmeline

Yfronts Tue 22-Jan-13 00:41:35

Also love Emme

PurpleStorm Tue 22-Jan-13 00:55:59

I don't like Emma as a name, but I agree it's a classic.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: