Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sienna?

(13 Posts)
cosykins Wed 09-Jan-13 21:16:38

Do people like the name Sienna? My dd has a very classic name but fancy this for her future sister! I just love the way it sounds..thoughts? Thanks!

SweetSaltPopcorn Wed 09-Jan-13 21:20:12

I love the way it sounds too, unfortunately I think the celeb-ness of it makes it sound a bit chav. I know we're not supposed to say that word.

PorkusEnormous Thu 10-Jan-13 15:42:15

It's nice, personally though I find Sienna Miller really unlikable and she immediately comes to mind.

Shinyshoes1 Thu 10-Jan-13 15:44:27

I'm with ^^ I don't like sienna miller either and she comes to mind as soon as I hear that name

I don't like it but then it's not my baby

spaghettina Thu 10-Jan-13 16:19:40

I like it, it's very pretty. If you like it don't worry too much about the cleb associations, Sienna Miller's not going to be around for ever (anyway, she's not that bad surely?!)

lolalotta Thu 10-Jan-13 19:38:19

Sienna is my DDs middle name, it always gets a really positive reaction when people ask. grin

3birthdaybunnies Thu 10-Jan-13 19:44:07

Serena or Seren, similar sounding but a bit more classic maybe?

ehmumbo Fri 11-Jan-13 09:03:48

once you name a baby they become their name IUSWIM.
Just use it if you like it and ignore snobby comments about celebs etc.

monica77798 Fri 11-Jan-13 09:50:19

I really like Sienna. As others has said, Sienna Miller won't be around for ever and a name shouldn't be defined by one actress alone. Once you name your daughter Sienna that will be her name and Sienna Miller won't even spring to mind any more. Just out of curiosity, what is the problem people have with Sienna Miller?

Dillydollydaydream Fri 11-Jan-13 14:35:10

Sienna is on my short list but there is 3 at my ds nursery so I'm not sure now.

cosykins Fri 11-Jan-13 15:43:20

Monica - I have no idea why people dislike her so much...? She's a bit boring maybe but I saw her on Jonathan Ross and she seemed nice enough!

cosykins Fri 11-Jan-13 15:44:41

Dillydolly - out of interest, where do you live? Wondering if popularity is regional. Not that I mind popular names!

Dillydollydaydream Fri 11-Jan-13 15:52:16

I'm in East anglia.
ONS do have the top baby names according to region but only the top 10.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now