Talk

Advanced search

Is Megan dated or a classic?

(57 Posts)
signuptoday Sun 30-Dec-12 11:52:18

Hi, I've been looking at some old threads about names DH and I like for DD and someone mentioned that Megan is a 90s name?

Do you agree? Was it in fashion a few years ago and now sounds dated. I really like it and had thought it was timeless but now am not so sure. Also do you know many Megans?

countrykitten Mon 31-Dec-12 08:53:50

Megan is a beautiful name and a classic. It sounds very classy in the same way as names like Alice (my all time favourite) or Emily.

countrykitten Wed 02-Jan-13 15:19:52

Also Meggie is lovely too.

barmysarmy Wed 02-Jan-13 21:35:56

I have a Megan and Im currently pregnant if its a girl it will be a Teagan x

sausagesandwich34 Wed 02-Jan-13 21:38:38

DD is 11 and there are 7 in her 2 form entry year at school but I don't know any younger

hurricanemum Wed 02-Jan-13 21:43:27

lovely. am a teacher and Megans are always nice!!!!

zenoushka Tue 08-Jan-13 22:20:13

I really like the name Megan - classic in my opinion!

mysterymeg Tue 08-Jan-13 22:38:42

I'm Megan and I'm lovely grin am 24 if that makes a difference. I also know a 2 week old Megan and a 43 year old Meganas well as a couple my age.

I like my name, I don't think I sound American, dated or harsh but that's just me.

Megan is also the most popular spelling so you should be ok. I did have a boss as a teen who kept spelling it Meggan(!) Don't think that's a legitimate spelling at all.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: