loader

Talk

Advanced search

Girls name opinions

(14 Posts)
sw11mumofone Sat 29-Dec-12 13:43:00

Hi
please could you let me know what you think of my potential girls names:

Delilah (been a favourite for a while - probably would have Sophia as a middle name)
Siena (is it chavvy?)
Darcy

We have a one syllable surname beginning with S so kind of like the illiteration with Siena.

Or any other suggestions? Tend to like strong beautiful names as opposed to flowery girly names.

Thanks!

sarahseashell Sat 29-Dec-12 13:58:48

love delilah

Heifer Sat 29-Dec-12 14:09:55

Love Darcy, not so much the others I'm afraid.

sw11mumofone Sat 29-Dec-12 18:57:50

Anyone else?? Struggling to make a decision.....thx

Alisvolatpropiis Sat 29-Dec-12 19:05:28

I like Siena.

Delilah is lovely but you have not one but two well known songs to contend with!

Croccy1979 Sat 29-Dec-12 19:06:55

Only like Delilah out of those I'm afraid.

BillyBollyBrandy Sat 29-Dec-12 19:08:05

I prefer Dhalia to Delilah - too associated with the song for me

Not keen on Siena or Darcy sorry.

Not sure why I have commented - sorry blush

PrincessOfChina Sat 29-Dec-12 19:09:26

I like them all, but would say I preferred Sienna of the three. Darcy was my favourite before I had DD (DP vetoed) but its very popular so I'm glad I didn't go with it.

sw11mumofone Sat 29-Dec-12 19:19:56

Thanks for the feedback. dont be sorry for negative comments - I would like all opinions!
Ive heard that Darcy is becoming popular but ive never met or heard of a single one.
Although nearly went with Ava for DD1 and so glad i didnt as they are everywhere now where i live!

Teapig Sat 29-Dec-12 20:10:12

Seina is a lovely name and sounds like it would go really nicely with your surname.

Rhubarbgarden Sun 30-Dec-12 08:15:10

I like Darcy. Delilah is a bit too frilly for me. Siena is ok.

vesti23 Sun 30-Dec-12 10:35:30

Love Siena smile

DontmindifIdo Sun 30-Dec-12 10:43:54

I like Delilah, if it's been your favourite name for a while, unless something else grabs you, you will regret not using it. I know several people who were talked out of their favourite name for their first DC then gave it to subsequent DC because they regretted not using a name they loved so much.

However, Delilah Sophia is a bit much, I would say a middle name that doesn't end in a "ah" sound would be better. (Unless it's a name with big family connection and emotional meaning for you, then go for it!)

Be warned however, you'll get a lot of people singing the Tom Jones song at you.

sw11mumofone Sun 30-Dec-12 11:22:09

Thanks very much for all your comments.
Dontmind - Sophia doesnt have any special meaning. we just have a very short surname so quite like to have two or three syllables in the first names.
Suggestions appreciated!
Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now