Talk

Advanced search

Think you've decided on a name? Check out where it ranks on the official list of the most popular baby names first.

Names you thought hmm then awww once you heard why..

(6 Posts)
Frikadellen Sun 23-Dec-12 15:59:17

I have been talking to a lovely lady in America who has a son my age (early 40's)
Oneday we were chatting she mentions his name

Justice.

I was " ohh thats ... unusual" and she said "well when he was born I felt it was suitable as there is not enough Justice in this world"

I went from hmmm to awwww what a lovely reason.

Still not a name I would use but I smile every time she says his name thinking ofthis reason.

Anyone else got any experences like this?

MolotovCocktail Sun 23-Dec-12 19:54:43

Wilona.

I wasn't at all sure about this name but when I found out that it means 'desired, wanted', I was smitten smile

Narked Sun 23-Dec-12 19:57:22

Nope, sorry. If a name needs a story to stop the hmm it's not something that would make me think awwww.

copyandpaste Mon 24-Dec-12 03:35:29

Renesmee 'cause it's a combination of the grandmothers name and that's just adorable.... :/

Pantomimedam Mon 24-Dec-12 10:22:07

I know a child called Yaron (sp?) which I didn't react to one way or the other (his parents are Israeli). But then I watched the Jerry Springer Who Do You Think You Are. All his parents' extended families were wiped out in the Holocaust, but the researchers tracked down a cousin who survived, unknown to JS's parents. He went to meet the cousin's son, who was called Yaron - turns out it means 'is full of joy' or 'will be full of joy'. I cried!

TwllBach Wed 26-Dec-12 18:58:04

I was once reading a book whilst feeling ridiculously hormonal/emotional and the main character had a big crisis and lost her religion (I think.) She then went on to have a daughter, whom she called Faith. When asked why she chose that name, she said something like "I may have lost everything, but I will always have Faith."

I sobbed buckets and decided it was my favourite name ever

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: