Talk

Advanced search

Harriet (Hattie) or Violet?

(15 Posts)
Mylittlepuds Sun 16-Dec-12 22:59:26

I thought I was certain on Hattie...and now I'm thinking 'ooh Violet' and DH likes it just as much. Help!

pigletpower Sun 16-Dec-12 23:20:59

We have a Hattie Hope who is 14! Brilliant name. By coincidence,we also thought about Violet {Grandmothers name} but went with Hattie!

Mylittlepuds Mon 17-Dec-12 08:22:19

Aww Hattie Hope smile. Yes Hattie has been the firm favourite and then we were watching It's a Wonderful Life last night and was reminded of the name Violet. Both are lovely but I think Harriet might be more classic and Violet a bit 'granny chic'.

is your Hattie christened Hattie or Harriet? I think we're going to christen Harriet but have her known as Hattie from the beginning - if we don't choose Violet that is!

HoHoHoHum Mon 17-Dec-12 08:32:35

Love Violet, nn Lettie... Don't like nn Hattie quite as much!

eandh Mon 17-Dec-12 08:34:05

Dd2 is Hattie so hat gets my vote x

puds11isNAUGHTYnotNAICE Mon 17-Dec-12 08:34:32

Violet for sure! Its lovely and no where near as popular as harriet. I know 3 harriets and no violets.

BikeRunSki Mon 17-Dec-12 08:36:03

Harriet / Hattie
I don't like violet as a colour, which puts me off the name. Flowers are sweet though.

Hattie Hope is lovely. One of DD's middle names is Hope too, ad we used to live in the Hope Valley.

BikeRunSki Mon 17-Dec-12 08:37:52

Harriet / Hattie
I don't like violet as a colour, which puts me off the name. Flowers are sweet though.

Hattie Hope is lovely. One of DD's middle names is Hope too, ad we used to live in the Hope Valley.

everlong Mon 17-Dec-12 17:30:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Bluestocking Mon 17-Dec-12 17:32:55

I like both. The only problem with Violet is that it may end up being pronounced Vi-let which isn't (IMHO) very pretty. A similar name that was on my list of girls' names was Hester (Hettie).

TidyDancer Mon 17-Dec-12 19:36:02

Violet is a beautiful name.

Harriet also, but Violet is my pick!

MrsChristmasBungle Mon 17-Dec-12 19:37:10

Violet gets my vote!

Leafmould Mon 17-Dec-12 20:34:47

Agree with everlong

Leafmould Mon 17-Dec-12 20:36:58

Also, sorry to be going on about popularity, but Harriet is on a downward trend, and violet is on a massive upward trend currently.

pigletpower Mon 17-Dec-12 23:22:11

Yes it's Hattie on the BC. Her middle name Hope is from Hope Valley BikeRunSki! Our first camping trip together {DH and I}!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now