Talk

Advanced search

Gloria

(9 Posts)
ToffeeCaramel Mon 26-Nov-12 11:36:31

What do people think of when they hear this name? I'm not expecting, just saw the word glory and it made me think of this name. It has quite positive associations for me. I think of quite a glam woman in her 50s. Long red nails, loud throaty laugh, curvacious, men find her quite sexy. Lots of cigarettes and alcohol consumed. Has gone through difficult times, but very kind hearted and warm person.

TessOfTheBaublevilles Mon 26-Nov-12 11:49:00

These days, I think of Maggie Gyllenhaal, as that's what her and her husband named their baby daughter. So for that very reason, I hear the name Gloria, and I think 'cool' (as Maggie Gyllenhaal is very cool).

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Mon 26-Nov-12 12:34:56

I'm not that keen on the name, it reminds of a middle aged type name. Having said that, it's also the name of the character Sofia vergaras plays on modern family and she's very attractive!

Annunziata Mon 26-Nov-12 14:47:59

I think it's a lovely name. It makes me think of the old (really bad) song... che lei la chiamo Gloria smile

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZijylLTdcWk

grin

MamaMary Mon 26-Nov-12 14:48:58

OP, I like the name and it has all the same connotations for me that you describe!

baskingseals Mon 26-Nov-12 16:22:55

oh i really like Gloria - such a wonderful meaning.

Gloria Joy would be an amazing name grin

tabulahrasa Mon 26-Nov-12 16:35:33

See I always think of Laura Branigan's version of Gloria

Slothlorien Mon 26-Nov-12 16:45:51

The Van Morrison song! Love it!

tiredteddy Mon 26-Nov-12 16:48:46

I always think of the girl penguin in Happy feet! Shows how many times we've seen that film!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now