Talk

Advanced search

Names I liked when I was 15...

(106 Posts)
AlexanderS Fri 23-Nov-12 21:48:20

Have just dug a list of possible names for my future DC I made when I was 15 or 16. It contains such gems as:

Girls:

Misty
Rio
Destiny
Lutricia
Kiri
Loralei
Tea (with a dash over the 'e' i.e. pronounced Taya)
Pinkie

Boys:

Nolan
Drey
Bu
Jenner
Duane
Clifford
Fox
Wilder

Feel free to point and laugh, and to share the mental names you once thought you might call your DC.

I doubt many people would 'regret' their dcs name, as then it's not just a theoretical name, it's your child.

I had dd at 17 and had had her name since I was about 12. I don't regret it.

aliphil Wed 05-Dec-12 14:19:41

Cecily or Ursula, or almost anything from the Chalet School, for a girl; Henley for a boy.

I still like Cecily, but DH doesn't so it's not one of DD's names. She has three; the third is after my beloved grandmother and I always said I'd use it (but it's currently very popular, hence being demoted to third!), but oddly, though I love the first two, they weren't ones that had ever occurred to me until she was actually on the way.

noseynoonoo Wed 05-Dec-12 14:35:12

Jocasta (as in mother of Oedipus)
I enjoyed Classical Studies...

doyouwantfrieswiththat Wed 05-Dec-12 18:18:47

well jocasta seems nice but I suspect oedipus isn't so popular now grin could be a name for the naughty middle class boys thread.

Babyitscoldoutside Wed 05-Dec-12 18:26:54

Serendipity, Star (lost boys fan) or Scarlett. Ttc soon - let's see whether my very traditional DH goes for them....

rainbow2000 Thu 06-Dec-12 13:54:24

Ah yes i remember it well if i had twins it was eric and erica very exotic i thought.
Logan is my sons name now and a few of the names on here i would still use if i would have a girl,but not likely now.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: