Talk

Advanced search

Benni for a girl?

(6 Posts)
Nectar Tue 20-Nov-12 23:14:56

I was asked my opinion on this recently, as my friend is pregnant with a girl and is considering this name.

I told her how pretty I think it is, (first time I've heard it). I wonder now though if I should point out how she'll probably have to field a lot of questions from people each time she says it, being not a typical girl's name!

poppydaisy Tue 20-Nov-12 23:27:54

Why not? I know female Alexes, Sams and even Charlies.

manicinsomniac Tue 20-Nov-12 23:29:11

I think it's quite sweet but it could do with a longer version for the official name.

Not sure what though
Belinda?
Bryony?
Bianca?

All a bit of a stretch. Maybe Benni alone is the best option if she really loves it.

amazingmumof6 Tue 20-Nov-12 23:40:49

sorry, no from me, I don't like it, just as I wouldn't like Becky for a boy!

I know people want unusual names, but please remember that child will grow up and will have to live with that name...

I think choosing names that will serve the child well is more important than fashion and the parents' self-indulgence.

sorry if it harsh, but I can't stand innocent babies being made ridiculous, never mind the rest of having to politely smile and say - oh, how lovely/unusual...

chickydoo Tue 20-Nov-12 23:42:46

I have a cousin called Benni. Short for Benita.
She's lovely..

OkayHazel Wed 21-Nov-12 00:59:16

Hate all names that end in I.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now