Talk

Advanced search

Rebekah

(6 Posts)
Supersystem Tue 20-Nov-12 21:53:54

I much prefer Rebekah to Rebecca and am thinking of using it if this child is a girl. Whereas I share the mumsnet aversion to badly spelled names, I like Rebekah as an old testament spelling and think it looks pretty.

Two questions. 1) what do you think of it? 2) is it tainted by Rebekah Brooks?

YoullScreamAboutItOneDay Tue 20-Nov-12 21:55:55

I like it. No, it is a sufficiently common name in its variant spellings that it doesn't make me thing of a particular person.

sausagesandwich34 Tue 20-Nov-12 21:58:52

I love it but you will have to spell it out to people pretty much every time and you will never be able to buy any cheap tat pens etc that come with a name printed on

it will save you a fortune! lol

Welovecouscous Tue 20-Nov-12 22:01:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Everlong Tue 20-Nov-12 22:14:21

No I don't think it's tainted. Prefer Rebecca spelling.

manicinsomniac Tue 20-Nov-12 23:03:27

I'm a Rebecca and I always wanted to be Rebekah, it's so much nicer and more original (though that's less important now there are fewer children with the name, it was top 10 when I was born)

My parents specifically chose a Bible name but decided against the Biblical spelling because they thought it would be too inconvenient for us and others. I strongly disagree and think you should go for it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now