Talk

Advanced search

Girls list, all very different!

(20 Posts)
busterk Tue 13-Nov-12 16:34:30

Hi, I am currently liking several girls names however they are all different. Let me know your thoughts on them please.

Francesca (My Papa is called Francesco)
Claudia
Sadie (This was my Gran's name - DH not keen on this!)
Ainsley (There is just something I really like about this name)

Thanks.

survivingautumn Tue 13-Nov-12 16:36:35

They are all really lovely!

If I had to choose one at a push I'd say Claudia because it came a close second on my list for dd.

YoullScreamAboutItOneDay Tue 13-Nov-12 16:40:46

Francesca, Claudia and Sadie are lovely.

Not keen on Ainsley myself. Makes me think of the TV chef or the annoying lawyer in the West Wing! That may belong on the 'irrational dislike' thread though, so feel free to ignore me!

busterk Tue 13-Nov-12 16:41:07

Thanks, DD1 is Olivia so not sure if Francesca and Claudia are too matchy! Does Ainsley strike you as a boys name?

baskingseals Tue 13-Nov-12 16:41:40

definitely Francesca. beautiful and under-used name.

busterk Tue 13-Nov-12 16:42:02

Thanks YoullScream that was my concern.

YoullScreamAboutItOneDay Tue 13-Nov-12 16:42:28

If you have an Olivia, I would probably go Sadie or Francesca. Olivia and Claudia are maybe a wee bit similar.

PelvicFloorClenchReminder Tue 13-Nov-12 16:45:27

Absolutely love Francesca

wigglesrock Tue 13-Nov-12 18:57:13

I have an Olivia and her middle name is Sadie grin I really like Francesca and Claudia is my husbands favourite name ever grin We didn't use it for any of our three daughters and he's never forgiven me!

Bearandcub Tue 13-Nov-12 19:02:24

Is your Olivia always called Olivia? If not, then Claudia is fine. Although I prefer Francesca and Sadie.

IHeartKingThistle Tue 13-Nov-12 19:06:43

I really like your list!

Claudia or Ainsley for me. It's a shame about Ainsley Harriott but it is a girls' name, isn't it? Also like the way Olivia and Ainsley sound together.

FriggFRIGG Tue 13-Nov-12 19:30:54

Sadie!

Rhubarbgarden Tue 13-Nov-12 19:44:39

Claudia. Ainsley is a man's name or a chain of pie shops.

Jojay Tue 13-Nov-12 19:47:09

Francesca - as long as you promise not to call her Fran.....

BardOfBarking Tue 13-Nov-12 19:57:47

Are you thinking claud-ia or cloud-ia as the pronunciation? I have met several 'cloud-ia' s recently and makes me think of grey days.

Claudia is lovely. Don't like Ainsley at all and not fond of Sadie.

curiousgeorgie Tue 13-Nov-12 21:06:46

Sadie is so beautiful! I hadn't considered it before but reading it now its shot straight onto my list for expected baby grin

busterk Tue 13-Nov-12 22:58:02

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I have been out all night so not been able to check back in.

I prefer to say Claudia to sound like claw. Olivia gets called everything from O to Ollie.

Jojay, would never call her Fran!

Glad you have all been positive about my list.

oreocrumbs Tue 13-Nov-12 23:01:14

Francesca is my favourite, but I like most of them. Not keen on Ainsley - I just can't get past the chef who makes me want to throw things at the tv!

winkle2 Tue 13-Nov-12 23:41:57

Sadie then Francesca

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now