Talk

Advanced search

1week to choose a girls name...

(10 Posts)
pinsent Thu 08-Nov-12 18:36:43

Hi Lovely MN ladies,
DH and I are really struggling to agree on a girls name. If we have a boy we have chosen the name Dylan James. However a girls name is proving to be more challenging. A brief background to us is, I am Scottish, DH's family are Welsh, (hence Dylan), and we live in Essex so need to consider how the name would sound with the local accent. So here are my faves:

Matilda (Tilly for short)
Seren
Annabelle (DH doesn't like this one)

DH's faves:
Mia
Jessica (I don't like this one)

So I guess I'm looking for honest opinions on these names, or suggestions for other names we haven't thought of.

Thanks in advance. Xx

GoldPlatedNineDoors Thu 08-Nov-12 18:39:22

Matilda is my favourite, however I would use Tilda as a nn rather than Tilly (my own personal preference).

Like Mia, too, what about Nia, which I believe is Welsh?

amazingmumof6 Thu 08-Nov-12 19:01:45

Matilda is lovely, so is Mia

I don't like Annabelle (there's a doll called that), nor Jessica (reminds me of sick, sorry!)

I don't know any Welsh names, sorry!

Our baby daughter is Elizabeth Grace, I loved that combination since I was pregnant 1st time round 12 years ago! After 5 boys I finally got to use it - help yourself! If I had another daughter I'd probably choose Olivia Rose or Emma Cecilia

other names I like : Hannah, Miriam, Sophia, Annamarie, Saskia (Dutch), Lydia, Eve, Natalie, Stephanie, Marina

when are you due? 1st baby?

amazingmumof6 Thu 08-Nov-12 19:04:29

thought of one more : Leah

Brothers wanted Yoda Shark for a boy or Yoda Yogurt for a girl. Amusing, but not recommended! grin

BlueChampagne Fri 09-Nov-12 13:39:00

I like Seren - easy to say and spell. How about Olwen or Bethan for the Welsh, or Morvern or Ailsa for the Scottish?

Alisvolatpropiis Fri 09-Nov-12 15:08:00

Love Seren!

Maybe Ffion,Nia,Rhiannon (everyone seems to be able to say it).

amazingmumof6 Fri 09-Nov-12 15:15:48

is Siobhan Welsh? I love that name so much!

FireOverBabylon Fri 09-Nov-12 15:38:36

Siobhan is Irish amazing.

Frikadellen Fri 09-Nov-12 16:35:28

As your dh doesnt like Annabelle and you dont like Jessica take them out that leaves you with

Matilda (Tilly for short) Seren or Mia

Out of those 3 I by far prefer Seren it is such a beautiful name. The other two for me are just a bit to plain and boring for my liking.

amazingmumof6 Fri 09-Nov-12 16:36:31

cheers fire, I wasn't sure

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now