Talk

Advanced search

Name to go with surname Daunt!! Please help

(20 Posts)
MammyG Wed 07-Nov-12 21:40:03

I would like a name to go with Daunt. I feel it should be short. Boys and girls names appreciated. Thank you!!!

Alisvolatpropiis Wed 07-Nov-12 21:44:37

Clara
Mia
Emily
Leah
Lana
Lara

James
Bryn
Keir
Jasper
Lucas

Any of those any good?

manicinsomniac Wed 07-Nov-12 21:56:56

Amber, Ariel, Anya, Asha, Astrid, Amy, Alice, Bethan, Briley, Bonnie, Bella, Callie, Carys, Ciara, Chloe, Erin, Eilidh, Eden, Ffion, Freya, Gracie, Hazel, Hollie, Heidi, Hayley, Iris, Ivy, Isla, Jasmine, Kayla, Kyla, Kaylie, Laura, Lexie, Lucy, Mary, Martha, Maisie, Mya, Nicole, Nina, Orla, Phoebe, Rosie, Robyn, Sara, Sophie, Sadie, Seren, Saffron, Thea, Tessa, Tara, Willow, Xanthe, Yasmin, Yvette, Zoe, Zara, Zia

Adam, Andrew, Alfie, Archie, Aidan, Aaron, Braxton, Charlie, Conor, Callum, Caleb, Evan, Euan, Ezra, Fergus, Felix, Gareth, Harvey, Henry, Harry, Harley, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Jared, Leon, Lewis, Louis, Luca, Logan, Matthew, Marcus, Michael, Micah, Morgan, Mason, Nathan, Noah, Oscar, Owen, Patrick, Parker, Reuben, Riley, Stephen, Thomas, Titus, Tyler, Victor, Walter

MaryAstor Wed 07-Nov-12 22:09:31

Can you give us a clue as to how your taste runs, name-wise?

Lebkuchenfan Wed 07-Nov-12 22:13:40

What names do YOU like, op?

dementedma Wed 07-Nov-12 22:24:25

I think a long name goes better, one with 3 syllables like Christopher or Rosanna

MammyG Wed 07-Nov-12 22:30:18

I like unusual names and think the last name can take it!
Avery, Emerson, Remy and Galen are contenders.

ooosabeauta Wed 07-Nov-12 22:32:52

Aah, are you expecting another one? I think I used to chat to you on the October '10 antenatal thread! When I clicked on this thread I was thinking 'Timothy', which probably doesn't help as not very unusual... I like Remy smile

MammyG Wed 07-Nov-12 22:40:54

Yes was me ooosabeauta... But no im not expecting. Actually tapping into the the collective brilliance of mumsnet on behalf of my sis! Reckon if anyone can sort this ye can!!

Ruprekt Wed 07-Nov-12 22:42:50

Emerson Daunt sounds fab!

Ashton
Ellis
Murphy
Bentley
Elvin
Benedict
Sebastian
Tristan

pickledsiblings Wed 07-Nov-12 23:30:45

I agree that a name with 3 or more syllables is good.

I thought of Olivia for a girl - it works! Also Sebastian, Elizabeth, Victoria, Alexander, Antonia, etc

So I vote for long rather than short. With short names, because the surname is an actual word it sounds a bit like you are just making a longer word but with a longer name it is obvious that there are 2 words/names IYKWIM.

ooosabeauta Thu 08-Nov-12 10:46:01

smile

Lebkuchenfan Thu 08-Nov-12 12:43:34

I think a longer first name sound good with a short surname like Daunt. I would avoid 3 syllable names as these inevitably get shortened (to another one syllable name!), so how about these 2 syllable names:

Clara Daunt
Martha Daunt
Quentin Daunt
Aston Daunt

Littlecherublegs Thu 08-Nov-12 17:54:25

Sticking with the longer names:
Matilda
Cordelia
Angelica
Francesca
Octavia
Naomi

Cornelius
Lysander
Theodore
Simeon
Elijah
Isiah

MammyG Thu 08-Nov-12 21:32:53

I have come round to your way of thinking ladies! Put these past my sister and def longer names are more up her alley! She was actually excited about af few! Well done ....i knew ye would be the best source!!

dementedma Fri 09-Nov-12 21:56:05

Sebastian daunt is brilliant

poppydaisy Fri 09-Nov-12 22:35:15

But he may up as Seb Daunt which isn't so nice imo. That's the risk with too long names, they inevitabely get shortened...

BoyMeetsWorld Mon 12-Nov-12 19:34:01

Girls:
Lexi Daunt
Daisy Daunt
Katy Daunt
Jasmine Daunt
Delphine Daunt

Boys:
Dustin Daunt
Isaac Daunt
Victor Daunt
Cory Daunt

lucysnowe Tue 13-Nov-12 09:19:01

I really really like Imogen Daunt, she sounds like a RSC player.

Or Sebastian Daunt, def.

ilovegreenbeans Tue 13-Nov-12 13:26:12

I knew a lovely lady named Frances Daunt. Always loved her name.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now