Talk

Advanced search

What to call dd

(12 Posts)
cherrypiew3 Tue 06-Nov-12 21:31:30

Due in 5 weeks and really struggling with a name for dd. We have Imogen, Pippa and Savannah please tell me what you think and please be honest.

mummabug Tue 06-Nov-12 21:33:33

Imogen is nice but makes me think of that Welsh ex-BB glamour model who had an affair with the footballer.

Pippa is cute. Savannah is very pretty, out of the three that's the best IMO.

Gilberte Tue 06-Nov-12 21:38:37

Imogen is probably the prettiest/most dramatic of the three (though slightly dare I say it posh!- not that there's anything wrong with that but would you feel comfortable shouting it out in Tescos?).

Pippa/Pip is a great nickname but would you have Phillipa on the birth certificate.

Savannah ( a bit too American sounding for my ears but that's personal taste)

Gilberte Tue 06-Nov-12 21:40:00

Nothing wrong with sounding American, you may be American- just I'm not used to it beyond US TV imports.

Bajas Tue 06-Nov-12 21:41:19

Imogen is my favourite too. I also like Pippa but it could be very popular since the royal wedding.

I agree with Gilberte that Savannah is very American.

cherrypiew3 Tue 06-Nov-12 21:49:35

Gilberte think we would put Phillipa on the birth certificate.

I am finding it really hard and worried that I will give birth and she will have no name.

Gilberte Tue 06-Nov-12 21:55:06

It is hard but don't worry I know a few people who didn't decide until after they had given birth. You've got 11 weeks before you have to register.

Good idea to put Phillipa on birth certificate (if you go with this) as then your DD will have more options when she is old.

I presume you have a baby name book. Why don't you go through from start to finish and tick or the possibles. You might come across a name you haven't thought about before.

And a lot of people have doubts about whether they've chosen the right name but you'll probably find your DD will grow into her name whatever you choose.

What's your gut feeling?

cherrypiew3 Tue 06-Nov-12 22:01:00

We were happy with Savannah until the start of this week. Dh seems to be leaning more towards Pippa and I really have no idea.

Anonymumous Tue 06-Nov-12 22:06:29

I like Imogen best. I think Pippa means something very rude in Greek (fellatio?) so I would avoid that one personally! I don't like Savannah much - I'm not sure why. How about Saffron or Seraphina instead?

Rhubarbgarden Tue 06-Nov-12 22:23:09

Pippa. Savannah is too fussy and I don't like Imogen, it always makes me think of electricity providers.

manicinsomniac Tue 06-Nov-12 22:41:21

I have a Savannah (sometimes nickknamed Vannah) and have never met another one, although that could be area/school type (I didn't pick a very home counties private school name apparently!) I love it though (obviously)

Pippa and Imogen are lovely names too though.

No help, sorry!

Frikadellen Wed 07-Nov-12 22:41:28

I like Imogen and Savannah the best I have never been keen on Pippa/Phillipa

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now