Talk

Advanced search

What names goes well with Oliver?

(17 Posts)
BusyBee86 Tue 06-Nov-12 18:54:19

I am due in march and need help with baby names. What boys and girls names go well with Oliver?

HolyAutumnGoldBatman Tue 06-Nov-12 18:56:05

Is Oliver the sibling? Or the surname? Or the middle name? Or the first name that you need a middle name for?

VintageRainBoots Tue 06-Nov-12 19:00:57

Solomon?

Before we found out we were having a girl and were considering names for both genders, we chose William Solomon as our boy name.

Nickname: Billy Schlomo grin

(Americans. We're funny that way.)

BusyBee86 Tue 06-Nov-12 19:01:15

Sorry that wasn't clear at allblush I already have a ds Oliver. Can't think of any girls names I like. I like James, max but not sure if they go well...

VintageRainBoots Tue 06-Nov-12 19:01:30

*Shlomo

Shybairns Tue 06-Nov-12 19:03:54

My cousins children are Oliver and Emily.

HolyAutumnGoldBatman Tue 06-Nov-12 19:04:18

Oliver and William
Oliver and Thomas
Oliver and Lucas
Oliver and Matthew
Oliver and Felix
Oliver and Noah

Oliver and Susannah
Oliver and Alice
Oliver and Elizabeth
Oliver and Megan
Oliver and Penny
Oliver and Hermione

Shybairns Tue 06-Nov-12 19:05:01

I think if you have another boy I'd go for a one or maybe two syllable name and if a girl then a 3 syllable name.

olim984 Tue 06-Nov-12 19:07:29

We gave our children a first name we loved and then their middle names are those of their grandparents so I have an Oliver Arthur Geoffrey - it might not be your cup of tea but we love it as it means something special to him (and to us and the grandparents) and means he'll never forget who his grandparents are for the rest of his life.

olim984 Tue 06-Nov-12 19:10:40

ooops sorry just noted your specific request - we have an Imogen with our Oliver - and for the record her middle names are Morag Helen! Good luck with your birth and your name search - just go with what you like, names go together pretty well whatever they are, you just have to get used to the sound of them.

BusyBee86 Tue 06-Nov-12 20:34:07

Thank you for all your suggestions...still not sure! What do you think of the name Ava? Would Oliver and Ava sound too alike?!

olim984 Tue 06-Nov-12 22:47:34

Not at all, if you like it go for it! I promise you'll get used to it and anyway they are individuals and won't and don't always have their names recited together. Go for a name you love and it will work.

manicinsomniac Tue 06-Nov-12 23:01:14

I think almost anything goes with Oliver (apart from really 'out there' hippy names etc). It's sort of a chamelon name in my head.

I know Olivers with siblings called:
George
Dominic
Arthur
Kristian
Archie

Emily
Eleanor
Camilla
Eva
Anna
Olivia
Isla
Rebecca

I think Ava is nice and goes well with Oliver

sonniebonnie Wed 07-Nov-12 12:12:18

ANY name goes with Oliver imo. Just choose a name YOU (not us) love!

sonniebonnie Wed 07-Nov-12 12:13:17

Also, names don't need to 'match' and your children will not spend the rest of their lives together, introducing themselves as a 'pair'.

LeucanTheMopsis Wed 07-Nov-12 12:15:37

But if they do, Twist is a good name.

Woozley Wed 07-Nov-12 12:51:44

I'm fond of J names for girls, Jenny, Juliet, Josie, Jess, Jaime. These all go with Oliver except perhaps the last...you might sound like a fan club smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now