Advanced search

EUGENIUSZ or EUSTACHY?

(15 Posts)
wellybootsnadrainhats Sat 03-Nov-12 21:29:32

Thoughts?

KeemaNaanAndCurryOn Sat 03-Nov-12 21:35:19

How are they pronounced?

Roseformeplease Sat 03-Nov-12 21:38:09

First one looks like " You geniuses". Neither would be on my list but then I am very conservative with names.

NellyBluth Sat 03-Nov-12 21:38:18

Not good. Actually, no, terrible. Eugeniuzs = you-genius. Eustachy = you-stas-ee? you-stash-ee? youu-statch-ee?

Pochemuchka Sat 03-Nov-12 21:49:23

Not keen TBH.

Echo the 'you genius' thing. Also no idea how to actually pronounce it.

Eustachy reminds me of Eustachian tube.

Sorry!

EchoBitch Sat 03-Nov-12 22:57:50

Why not.

squoosh Sat 03-Nov-12 23:23:46

Eastern European dictator

CouthyMowEatingBraiiiiinz Sat 03-Nov-12 23:25:31

Eustachy a) Reminds me of Eustachian tubes in your ears, b) rhymes with moustachy, and c) could also be pronounced you starchy.

Just why?!

Floralnomad Sat 03-Nov-12 23:27:02

Are you Eastern European?

Himalaya Sat 03-Nov-12 23:31:57

Are you Polish?

They are both uncompromisingly foreign and unfamiliar names, which will get a hmm reaction and need spelling/ pronouncing for people all the time.

A child called Eugeniuzs might chose to go by Eugene or Gene if they want to fit in.

maxmillie Sat 03-Nov-12 23:34:22

I like Eugene or gene

CouthyMowEatingBraiiiiinz Sat 03-Nov-12 23:39:31

I think there are many other Eastern European names that wouldn't be taken so hmm in England.

I personally tried to name my DC's (with English names) so that it was not easy to make nasty playground rhymes from their names. Mostly because I had to put up with that the whole way through school.

Eustachy, I'm afraid, would end up being rhymed with moustachy in an awful lot of playgrounds.

And Eugeniuz would be seen as 'you genius' which would seem to be very pretentious. And what if they weren't a genius?

There is a boy in my DS2's class called Andrei. Nobody sees an issue with that. There is also a Tomaz.

squoosh Sat 03-Nov-12 23:41:43

I know a lovely boy called Tomek.

TheSurgeonsMate Sat 03-Nov-12 23:44:47

They make me think of Eustace. Which makes me think it's quite good name. But I've never heard of either of them.

Viviennemary Sat 03-Nov-12 23:45:28

They are not names I am familiar with. But I'm not at all keen on either of them I'm afraid. Wouldn't begin to know how to pronounce them. Andrei and Tomaz both sound fine but not those two names.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now