Talk

Advanced search

Girl names that go with mn Emily

(16 Posts)
Dinosaurdrip Fri 02-Nov-12 16:59:32

Dd1 is due in December and I'm having trouble staying in love with a name. I would like to use Emily as a middle name for sentimental reasons but keep thinking of names, loving them, then falling out of love with them.

Have liked Imogen, althea, Sophie/Sophia but then something/someone (namely my mother) has put me off in some way. Have ds1 Rowan and ds2 Sebastian so something that 'goes' nice with those names.

Mn please help. A few names I also love but can't use are phoebe, megan and Lola.

custardsky Fri 02-Nov-12 17:05:15

Beatrice Emily or Clara Emily? Love your DSs' names!

notMarlene Fri 02-Nov-12 17:07:33

victoria
elizabeth

BananaPhone Fri 02-Nov-12 19:03:06

Rebecca Emily. (Rowan, Sebastian and Rebecca.)

Harriet Emily. (Rowan, Sebastian and Harriet.)

Francesca Emily. (Rowan, Sebastian and Francesca.)

Miranda Emily. (Rowan, Sebastian and Miranda.)

Sleepyfergus Fri 02-Nov-12 19:48:38

We have an Isabella With Emily as a middle name. We call her Izzie for short. Sebastian, Rowan & Izzie?

StopEatingThatMud Fri 02-Nov-12 19:56:08

Like Sleepyfergus we also have an Isabella (well variation of) with Emily as a middle name. Both were names of her great grandmothers, one from each side of the family. I know it's an incredibly popular name now though if that bothers you.

pilates Fri 02-Nov-12 19:57:10

Catherine
Clarice

CarriMarie Fri 02-Nov-12 21:16:01

I know a lovely Laura Emily.

AThingInYourLife Fri 02-Nov-12 21:17:58

Grace

DebK2012 Sat 03-Nov-12 18:29:44

Isabella (Bella for short)

saskia87 Sun 04-Nov-12 11:44:43

Freya Emily
Charlotte Emily
Mia Emily
Lucia Emily
Lila Emily

Savonarola Sun 04-Nov-12 11:56:17

Just watch out, with a middle initial as a vowel, that the full name doesn't spell a word that might be teaseable or produce a nn you don't actually like. I can't offhand think of any unliveable with horrors, though.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 04-Nov-12 12:01:32

Love althea myself. How about xanthe, Adelaide or Agatha? Would also stop discussing names in RL, your mum made her choice when she named you, she doesn't get to choose againsmile

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 04-Nov-12 12:33:39

There is a Saffron in DS class and I've never met another and always loved it. Think that Saffron Emily would go with your other names too.

DH said that if we ever have another girl he'd like to call it Juniper. Bit odd, not the name, just the fact that he's talking about baby names. He never, ever came out with any suggestions when I was pg.

RobinSparkles Sun 04-Nov-12 12:36:19

I have a Charlotte Emily. I also know a Sophia Emily and a Victoria Emily.

RobinSparkles Sun 04-Nov-12 12:40:08

I just wanted to add, that if people are putting you off names, don't tell them the name until the baby is born. They'll only say nice things then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now