Talk

Advanced search

Benjamin Rowan opinions please

(5 Posts)
saywhatyousee Tue 30-Oct-12 22:17:56

What does everyone think of the name Rowan for a boy (am 28 weeks)? Currently thinking of using it as a middle name with Benjamin as first name and think that sounds lovely, but being put off slightly by it being a unisex name. Is it a traditional boys name that has been used for girls or has it always been unisex?

Which sounds better- Benjamin Rowan or Rowan Benjamin?

Thanks.

I prefer Benjamin Rowan to the other way round. I really like both names and while.I know that Rowan is unisex the only one I know is a lovely male dutch friend of mine so I generally think of it as male.

scarevola Tue 30-Oct-12 22:22:04

I think it's a lovely name. And think of Rowan as a mainly boys name anyhow.

burleyburley Tue 30-Oct-12 22:41:44

My DS is Rowan and my DH is Ben so I ilke both. I think Benjamin Rowan flows better for some reason but it's nice either way.

The only other little Rowan's I have met have been boys along with a couple of Rohans too. I do think it is getting used more and more as a girls name but it didn't put me off. I always feel proud of his name when I introduce him to people. He definitely suits it.

I have no idea if it was a boys or girls name to begin with and I'm not sure it matters if you like it.

Congratulations btw smile

echidnakid Tue 30-Oct-12 22:56:07

Benjamin Rowan is gorgeous! I definitely think of it as male name though as a nature name it's applicable to both.

Rowan is on our list as a middle name - love it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now