Talk

Advanced search

Too similar?

(12 Posts)
4fingers4toes Sat 27-Oct-12 07:59:40

We have a Connie (Constance) and favourite name for no 2 is Annie. Is it just too similar to get away with? We've considered all other An names but it is Annie we really like.

SomersetONeil Sat 27-Oct-12 08:55:43

Hmm, yes, they're a bit too matchy-matchy for me.

Ham69 Sat 27-Oct-12 08:58:11

I think they are both beautiful names and, although they have similar sounds, they work really well together. I did look up An names and came across Annora which I thought was gorgeous, but back to original question, I say go for it! Love both names.

echidnakid Sat 27-Oct-12 09:33:17

That's a tough one! I'd probably say go for it as they won't always be introduced/spoken of as a twosome.

MolotovBomb Sat 27-Oct-12 09:42:00

Constance and Annie is fine. Constance and Annabelle is fine; Constance and other An- names don't pose a problem when said in full.

Connie and Annie are very similar, but I know someone with a Jessica and Jasmine (Jess and Jas) and Marnie and Lexi. Similarity isnt a problem if they're names that you love smile

simplesusan Sat 27-Oct-12 13:30:00

I think they sound fine together.

chocolateicecream Sat 27-Oct-12 21:11:45

Oh go for it! They are lovely.

coldcupoftea Mon 29-Oct-12 11:25:15

I think I would go for a longer version like Annabel or Anastasia. But Annie is lovely!

badtime Mon 29-Oct-12 12:36:37

If they were the full names, it would be too similar, but if they were shortened versions it would be fine. So this would be fine.

Connie & Annie - too similar; Constance & Anne/Anna/Annabel/Anastasia/hell, even Annie - fine (although I don't like nickname-type names like 'Annie').

AlexanderS Mon 29-Oct-12 12:42:26

I think they are too similar, you have the similarity of not just the 'ie' sound on the end but also the 'n' sound in the middle (unlike in the case of Marnie and Lexi). You will find another name you both like, you just have to keep looking.

Also it's obviously bugging you a bit - do you want it to bother you for the next 40, 50, 60 years? That's what I always think when I consider names I'm not sure about.

BuntyPenfold Mon 29-Oct-12 12:54:00

Allie is nice and not too matchy.

squoosh Mon 29-Oct-12 14:02:29

Way too alike!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now