Talk

Advanced search

Juno Elizabeth

(47 Posts)
FruitSaladIsNotPudding Fri 26-Oct-12 11:34:18

So, dd2 is due in the next few weeks and we've pretty much decided this will be the name. But wanted to canvas opinion before it's too late!

Anyone with strong feelings on our choice? If you hate it, can you try and say why - don't spare me, please!

We already have a Tessa.

squoosh Fri 26-Oct-12 11:36:55

Love it. Tess and Juno sound like two very cool sisters.

It reminds me of Juno and the Paycock

Ohsiena Fri 26-Oct-12 11:40:32

Love it.

Juno is cool but not wanky.

I like the sound when you say it iykwim.

Bunbaker Fri 26-Oct-12 11:41:04

Erm, isn't Juno a boys name?

squoosh Fri 26-Oct-12 11:43:37

Nope definitely not a boy's name, Juno was a Roman goddess.

FruitSaladIsNotPudding Fri 26-Oct-12 11:44:19

Juno definitely not a boys name. Roman goddess in fact.

TravelinColour Fri 26-Oct-12 11:45:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FruitSaladIsNotPudding Fri 26-Oct-12 11:50:06

Not sure what you mean Travelin, can you explain?

squoosh Fri 26-Oct-12 11:51:38

She means it sounds like 'Do you know Elizabeth', which it does a bit but I find middle names irrelevant anyway.

FruitSaladIsNotPudding Fri 26-Oct-12 11:54:13

Oh yes, it does. But then that's going to happen with any name. We want her to have a middle name, and we wanted it to be something fairly middle of the road, in case she hates Juno. And we love Elizabeth.

StrawWars Fri 26-Oct-12 11:55:21

It does sound like "D'you know Elizabeth". But then Juno would sound like that in front of anything.

StrawWars Fri 26-Oct-12 11:55:41

X-post!

BlissfullyIgnorant Fri 26-Oct-12 11:56:34

Oh yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

foofooyeah Fri 26-Oct-12 11:58:04

love it

CajaDeLaMemoria Fri 26-Oct-12 11:58:28

It reminds me of the film. Which is an okay film, but not one that people are likely to still remember/be watching when she is old enough, anyway.

I like it. Elizabeth is a lovely name, Juno is unusual yet not odd, and Juno and Tess do sound lovely together.

EdsRedeemingQualities Fri 26-Oct-12 12:02:42

I like it, but it does sound odd read out...still, that doesn't have to be a problem.

I was going to call dd (who is a boy, actually, but before I knew) Giulietta Rose. And then I realised it sounded like Julie ate a rose.

So I went with something else...and now neither is applicable!

FruitSaladIsNotPudding Fri 26-Oct-12 12:06:52

I agree it does sound a little odd together, but can't really think of anything that doesn't.

EdsRedeemingQualities Fri 26-Oct-12 12:21:47

No, that's the innate problem with the name Juno I suppose.

I still think it is lovely. But maybe that's why it's not more popular.

Ohsiena Fri 26-Oct-12 12:22:26

Middle names are so very rarely used they are irrelevant.

squoosh Fri 26-Oct-12 12:25:33

Pft, how often does anyone really use a middle name? If I had a son called Hugh I wouldn't give him the middle name Jarse but Juno Elizabeth is small potatoes in comparison.

Do it!

TessOfTheBurbervilles Fri 26-Oct-12 12:28:30

I think it's a great name and I love the sister set of Tess(a) and Juno.

FruitSaladIsNotPudding Fri 26-Oct-12 12:42:21

Great, mostly positive.

Good job too, because we told our dd ages ago and she's been using the name. It's very funny, because she's told everyone, but they've all thought she was either saying d'know or dunno (she's 2.8 and speech isn't amazingly clear!)

shinyblackgrape Fri 26-Oct-12 12:56:39

Sorry - I hate it. But I like really traditional names so I'm not the best person to ask.

I know the Roman origins etc but I think it is really a name of the moment and will date quite badly.

lljkk Fri 26-Oct-12 13:02:49

Poncetastic (sorry).
I love Tess, though, Tessa is close.
Hazel? Julia, Clarissa, Melissa, Marianne, Emily, Catherine, Natasha, Natalie, Margaret?

LadyClariceCannockMonty Fri 26-Oct-12 13:04:22

I love Juno but don't think it goes with Elizabeth. I'd go without a middle name, personally, partly because I agree that anything you pick will sound like 'Do you know x?'. If she doesn't like Juno, tough! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now