Talk

Advanced search

First time mum

(20 Posts)
Walshydotwan Thu 25-Oct-12 20:48:48

I am a first time mum and am 22 and I have no idea what to call my wee boy.

I had picked a girls name then found out I was having a boy and there is no names that have come to me or that me and the OH can agree on HELP!!!

Alisvolatpropiis Thu 25-Oct-12 20:52:59

What kind of names do you like?

Edward
Torin
Flynn
Jago
Morgan

I struggle with boys names. A lot. Girls are much easier imo. I am going to end up with boys names One and Two sad

MoonlightandWerewolves Thu 25-Oct-12 20:53:06

Firstly congratulations and secondly, to help figure out what kinds of names to throw at offer you, what would the name have been for a girl?

Walshydotwan Thu 25-Oct-12 20:58:25

Well for a girl I had Ava ... and I am thinking of giving him Archie for a middle name after my dad.

I know boys r so hard sad I like traditional names but my fiance doesn't we just can't agree lol

MoonlightandWerewolves Thu 25-Oct-12 21:08:07

That would have been lovely - will go and see what I can find on the male side!

MoonlightandWerewolves Thu 25-Oct-12 21:32:42

Yup, is a bit tricky. In hopes of coming up with something both you and DH like, anything listed below is traditional, but may or may not be common any more.

Beau
Dominic
Drew (as in the short form of Andrew)
Felix
Guy
Hector
Morgan
Miles
Tobias
Valentine

Even if you hate them all, hopefully it will give you a starting point. grin

SavoyCabbage Thu 25-Oct-12 21:38:02

Michael
Sebastian
Tom
Ethan
Oscar
James
William
Christopher

bigbluebump Thu 25-Oct-12 21:40:15

Christopher
Quentin
Theodore
Xavier
Nathan

But it would help us if you could give us an idea of the type of boys' names you like, otherwise we're just able to give you our own favourites - but thankfully we all have different tastes smile.

Walshydotwan Fri 26-Oct-12 14:23:40

Thats the thing I have no names at all that come to mind or that I like...

My fiance likes Dominic and Jay but I dont know.

It would be good if I could call him Archie but he doesnt like that so thats why I have made that his middle name.

Thanks for the replys guys xx

amck5700 Fri 26-Oct-12 14:36:56

I'm sensing that you are maybe Scottish?

What about:

Blair
Nairn
Innes
Fraser
Struan
Kerr
Ross
Niall
Logan

Please don't call him Jay - I used to like the name but my son has a wee boy in his class who is a bit "theatrical" and is destined to be known as Gay Jay for the forseeable future sad

Dominic is a bit wet too grin

Walshydotwan Fri 02-Nov-12 11:52:03

Well what are your opinions on....

Alex
Elliot
Kai

JadaSevert Fri 02-Nov-12 14:48:40

William
Toby
James
Christopher
Leo
Henry
Alexander
Robert
are my favorite boys names, i would also stay away from Jay, call him James and if you want to call him Jay then at least if he doesnt like it his birth name is James?

crocodilesmiles Fri 02-Nov-12 15:06:06

Perhaps you should look on here for some inspiration.

HTH smile] x

JadaSevert Fri 02-Nov-12 15:33:08

WOW... just wow crocodilesmiles!

amck5700 Fri 02-Nov-12 16:10:26

Hmmm - someone called their baby boy Awesome...

amck5700 Fri 02-Nov-12 16:12:50

and there is a Boo-Tiger.....poor child.

jaffacakehips Fri 02-Nov-12 16:45:51

Boys names are really tough. Archie is a great name.

What about James Archie nn Jamie, you could even still have the 'J' for good measure.

Alex is lovely or Alec, Elliot not bad, I know 2 born in the last year. Unused which I like . Kai is truly awful IMHO sorry. Names shouldn't be a hindrance to children, yet I can't help but feel that Kai would be let down by preconceived conceptions about his names.

jaffacakehips Fri 02-Nov-12 16:49:18

Sorry that was a bit blunt. What I'm trying to say is: Alex, Elliot and Archie are all really good strong names. I personally feel that Kai doesn't stand up well against them, seems a bit unfinished to me. Great meaning through smile back paddling

mrsbugsywugsy Fri 02-Nov-12 16:54:00

I like Alex (as a nn for Alexander) or Elliot but not keen on Kai

Jamie or James with a nn of Jay is nice too

I discovered all of the boys' names my DP suggested happened to be names of players for a certain football team...

UndeadPixie Fri 02-Nov-12 18:51:36

Elliot and Alex(ander) are lovely smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now