Talk

Advanced search

Would you have...

(12 Posts)
NoTeaForMe Sun 21-Oct-12 17:58:54

... a first name and middle name with the same initial? So name would be SSD, AAB or similar?

llamallama Sun 21-Oct-12 18:04:53

My DD has matching initials. It's not a problem for us.

FringeEvent Sun 21-Oct-12 18:16:37

Yes, I don't see any reason not to, if you like the names. In a lot of cases I think the alliteration in the full name would sound really nice.

NoTeaForMe Sun 21-Oct-12 18:37:03

Not sure why I did two examples there!

The names we're thinking of are Alice Annie. What do you think? We're pretty set on Annie as a middle name.

AreYouAbleMabel Sun 21-Oct-12 18:55:42

I think Alice Annie is really really super cute, and seems well balanced. I don't see any problem with the same initials.

HoratiaWinwood Sun 21-Oct-12 18:59:01

I think Alice Annie is a mouthful, but honestly how often do you say a person's middle name out loud?

DS2's second middle name has the same initial as our surname (eg ABCC) and although it looks a bit odd as initials it isn't as important as the reason we had to include that middle name.

llamallama Sun 21-Oct-12 19:37:49

I prefer Alice Ann(e) to Annie. But I don't think it's a problem at all. Alice is a lovely name.

CrapBag Sun 21-Oct-12 20:07:34

I don't see why it matters with the same initials.

Don't think Alice Annie particularly go well together but then my DS is named after his grandads so they aren't great names.

My DDs initials are CCJ.

Yes. Like county court judgement ffs grin

BikeRunSki Sun 21-Oct-12 20:21:36

DD is AAH Surname (second A is also Alice
DS is SPP Surname

Has caused no probs

YankeeAlphaBooingUniform Sun 21-Oct-12 20:38:34

Double nitials are fine. Alice Annie don't scan so well, though both are beautiful. i think it is the S sound running into Annie, Like Ally Sannie. Sorry

justhayley Sun 21-Oct-12 20:51:24

Arh I think Alice Annie is lovely grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now