Talk

Advanced search

Help Deciding Between Four Finalists

(11 Posts)
EmilyRoo Sun 21-Oct-12 14:31:36

Hello,

I'm a college student changing my name and have or down to four options. I like them all fairly equally and am having a hard time deciding. Middles are Rose Lyra and I don't really care about flow because both middles have significance for me.

The finalists:

Cordelia - Cordie, Coco, Della

Imogen - Immy, Ginny

Clementine - Clem, Em

Viola - Vi, Vivi, Lo

Thoughts and comments that are MORE than "yes/no/don't like/hate" would be appreciated! Oh and I live in the States where all of these names do not chart at all in the top 1000.

Nancy66 Sun 21-Oct-12 14:39:15

Clementine is my favourite. Inevitably you'll get people saying that it's a baby orange etc....personally I like 'clemmie' as the abbreviation.

Cordelia is ok but don't like any of your abbreviations, particularly Della which I think is quite an ugly, masculine name.

Imogen I don't mind but don't like the abbreviations.

Prefer Violet to viola.

I like your middle names very much

eBook Sun 21-Oct-12 14:39:51

In order of preference

1. Clementine - very pretty, love the nicknames too
2. Viola - again lovely and underused
3. Imogen - OK
4. Cordelia - sounds pretentious to me, dislike

Gwennan Sun 21-Oct-12 15:42:37

You're probably only a few years younger than me and I would say Imogen and Viola would work best in your age group: they will enable you to fit in while still standing out. I know a couple of Imogens and Viola seems like an easy enough name to wear. Cordelia's probably fine too. I think Clementine is great but would definitely raise a few eyebrows. I think it's probably also a trickier name to pull off.

I'd choose Imogen if I were naming myself from your list as a woman in my mid/late 20s.

BananaBubbles Sun 21-Oct-12 15:47:25

Cordelia,Clementine and Viola are all lovely,and would work well at any age.

Clementine is awful.It's very popular on MN and I can't understand why.

Cordelia would probably be my first choice,then Imogen,then Viola.

VBisme Sun 21-Oct-12 15:51:28

Cordelia isn't great and very buffy.
Not at all keen on clementine (oh my darlin').
Like Imogen and Viola, but prefer Violet to them both.

BackOnceAgainWithLoopyLoops Sun 21-Oct-12 15:57:13

1. Clementine
2. Cordelia
3. Violet

don't like Imogen

mellowcat Sun 21-Oct-12 16:00:21

Definitely Clementine for me. I don't really like any of the others. The middle names are really great too.

telsa Sun 21-Oct-12 18:40:03

Clementine for sure.

LondonGhostInChainWrackedBoots Sun 21-Oct-12 20:01:06

I remember your first thread! Imogen (Immy or Ginny are lovely) or Cordelia (Della) then Violet/Viola (Violet personally here, and I like Letta or Lettie as a nn). DellaRoo is an adorable NN too (just thinking ahead grin )

Don't like Clementine on anyone who isn't French (don't actually like it at all, but less pretentious if you're actually French)

frogchops Sun 21-Oct-12 20:01:54

1. Imogen, I really like this
2. Clementine, but I prefer the nicknames to the name.
3. Violet, as I don't like viola at all!
4. Cordelia, don't like this, although do like Delia.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now