Talk

Advanced search

Due date today and we still do not have a boys name- please could you help me with some suggestions? Much appreciated!

(21 Posts)
bella2012 Thu 18-Oct-12 22:44:25

my DH and I can not agree on a boys name and time is running out for us!

Our DS is Edward Charles and we call him Teddy, so I didn't really want another name that ends in an 'ee' sound.

Our surname is double barrelled and both names are one syllable, the latter would rhyme with 'Hugh' so want to avoid potential rhymes!

We really like traditional names, but want to avoid anything that would be either too popular, trendy or too posh sounding. I have always liked William, but DH is convinced that he will be one of several in his class.

We would really like the middle name to be George, so something that goes with that would be great.

DH loves Rory, Douglas and Henry, none of which appeal to me.

I love Gus, Finn, Kit, short names from a variety of longer given names, but DH hates all of them.

So...if any of you have the energy to throw mw some suggestions then I would be so grateful.

Ham69 Thu 18-Oct-12 22:51:17

Miles
Laurence

eBook Thu 18-Oct-12 23:25:24

Alexander George
Nathaniel George
Isaac George
Oliver George
Richard George
Samuel George
Tristan George
Nicholas George

ATourchOfInsanity Thu 18-Oct-12 23:27:41

Elliot
Ben
Dunstan (heard this yesterday and liked it)
Orlando
Otto (was going to be my boy choice)

Flojo1979 Thu 18-Oct-12 23:30:36

Alexander
Samuel
Christopher

spookiesackhouse Thu 18-Oct-12 23:37:47

Noah

rachel234 Thu 18-Oct-12 23:44:18

Dominic George
Quentin George
Patrick George
Reuben George

diamondee Thu 18-Oct-12 23:49:58

Eden
Colin
James

GoldPlatedNineDoors Thu 18-Oct-12 23:56:13

Love your ds's and future ds's possible names! I also love

Griff
Travis
Tristan
Jesse

Bunders99 Fri 19-Oct-12 08:09:40

Wilfred - Wilf?

PuffPants Fri 19-Oct-12 08:15:41

I would avoid William, just so many around its a bit meh for me.

I love Gus, Finn & Miles. They were all on our short-list but we went with something else on the day - damn hormones!

Do you like Theo? Or Alex?

WelshRabbit Fri 19-Oct-12 08:18:55

Maximilian
Samuel
Theodore
Gabriel

baskingseals Fri 19-Oct-12 08:45:58

both my sons' names have been mentioned grin

do you like

Benedict

Rufus

Frederick

Louis

Gregor(y)

John - i did consisder this name, with Johnny as a nickname

Jago

Rafael - absolutely love this name.

hope this helps a bit - good luck

Nicknamenotavailableeither Fri 19-Oct-12 08:49:58

All the names mentioned sound great, but I think your ch's choices "go" more with ds1's name.

I like William, I know what you mean about it being popular, but as a teacher, I've not actually seen it that much.

Nicknamenotavailableeither Fri 19-Oct-12 08:50:24

Meant dh's choices obv. Silly phone.

DizzyPurple Fri 19-Oct-12 08:50:40

Elliott or James

PuffPants Fri 19-Oct-12 12:35:11

BaskingSeals, I love your suggestions - we liked John, nn Johnny too, adorable on a little boy and uncommon without being unusual. Makes me think of Peter Pan smile

Muminmamma Fri 19-Oct-12 12:46:31

James
Jacob
Jonathan
Christopher

amck5700 Fri 19-Oct-12 13:22:02

Peter George
Innes George
Dugald George
Iain George
Ewan George
Magnus George

rachel234 Fri 19-Oct-12 13:48:32

The William in my ds's class gets teased Willy quite a lot.... worth bearing in mind with that name.

bella2012 Fri 19-Oct-12 16:30:18

thanks rachel234 I did wonder about that. I just thought William George sat together so well.

I love Ewan amck but again, DH says no! I keep hoping he will just bow down and say that I can choose since it is me going through all of this, but alas no!

We have close family called alexander, richard, peter and samuel or I would have loved all of those.

I like Innes does anyone know potential abbreviations?

Thank you so much for taking the time to contribute! I feel like the baby will come once I have a name!

By the way, I don't even know that it is definitely a boy I just have a feeling! We are sorted for a girls name so this worrying may be unnecessary!

Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now