Talk

Advanced search

2 weeks to go and can't decide on girls name!

(27 Posts)
MacMac123 Tue 16-Oct-12 21:53:53

Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on short list for DD due in 2 weeks. Feel as have massively over thought things, faced some (bizarre and quite rude) strong opposition from father in law (random i know!) and now don't feel anything is quite right!
Short list is
Willow
Lilibet
Annalise
Emmeline
Syke
Mabel (preferred more by DH than me!)

Look forward to hearing thoughts!

RVPisnomore Tue 16-Oct-12 21:55:29

Sorry not massively keen on any of the names, if I was forced to have one it would be Annalise.

MacMac123 Tue 16-Oct-12 21:58:40

Have just realised Syke should be Skye!!

shockers Tue 16-Oct-12 22:00:06

Do you mean Syke or Skye?

I like Emmeline best.

shockers Tue 16-Oct-12 22:00:31

X posts!

thewhistler Tue 16-Oct-12 22:27:37

Lilibet will get everyone assuming you are a monarchist and while I think its pretty as s nn, not sure about it as first name for an adult.

I like Annalise, people will ask if you are Austrian, but who cares, and Emmeline. I see lots of Skyes atm. Not keen on Willow, myself, bit can see why it cam be pretty.

Devora Tue 16-Oct-12 22:34:48

Mabel. Followed by Annalise.

How about Anna? I love Anna. Or Ada. Or Lydia.

MrClaypole Tue 16-Oct-12 22:34:51

Annaliese is lovely.

Don't like the others at all, sorry!

Loobylou222 Tue 16-Oct-12 22:39:10

Love the name emmeline!

dancinginthemoonlight Tue 16-Oct-12 22:46:24

I love Emmeline and willow or Emmeline willow if you are looking for a middle name too ;-)

Leafmould Tue 16-Oct-12 22:53:47

Emmeline is fantastic. I hope you use it.

Good luck!

toobreathless Tue 16-Oct-12 23:04:37

We almost used Willow for DD but stopped concerned that it was too trendy & might date.

Lilibet sweet, would definately use Elizabeth as full name.

Annaliese really don't like sorry, but Anna by itself us beautiful and timeless.

Mabel Skye meh, OK.

Emmeline lovely.

mumnosbest Tue 16-Oct-12 23:06:51

i like willow then mabel.not too keen on the others though.

HolyAutumnGoldBatman Tue 16-Oct-12 23:20:15

Willow - not keen, a bit celeby
Lilibet - really lovely, but only as a nickname for Elizabeth or Lilian or something more sensible and grown-up
Annalise - no
Emmeline - ok, but too similar to all the Emily/Amelia/Amelie for me. Prefer Evangeline.
Skye - no
Mabel - ok, but not great.

From your list I'd go with Elizabeth nn Lilibet

eBook Tue 16-Oct-12 23:27:01

I like Willow, Annalise, Emmeline and Skye.

Lilibet is a bit odd, just about OK as nn for Elizabeth. Mabel is too "old lady".

ellesabe Wed 17-Oct-12 19:29:41

I think Skye is the only one on your list that won't date. If that sort of thing bothers you.

MoonHare Wed 17-Oct-12 19:50:09

Of your list I like Annalise and Emmeline best. I'd probably go with Emmeline, think Pankhurst.

Skye and Willow sound very California Hippy, which could be great if that's what you're after.

Lilibet, I can't get past the fact that was the royal family's pet name for the Queen.

Mabel is OK, very different from the other names on your list though.

Ignore Fil - none of his bloomin' business.

Emmeline is my favourite from those.

MacMac123 Wed 17-Oct-12 21:21:17

Thanks for the feedback! Annelise (think prefer with e in the middle) and Emmeline are my faves too!

Curtisbaby5wks4days Wed 17-Oct-12 22:13:31

I love Willow and Annalise. I worked with a girl called Emmeline and would only say I lost track of the no of times I heard her say "EmmeLEEEEN not Emily!"

Gugglebum Thu 18-Oct-12 02:24:25

Annelise, Willow and Skye would be my top 3 from your list.

janji Thu 18-Oct-12 03:34:20

Emmeline

mathanxiety Thu 18-Oct-12 05:10:24

I don't like Skye or Lilibet but the others are very nice.

I especially like Emmeline.

DessieLou Sat 20-Oct-12 13:24:56

Annaliese gets my vote!

Snowflakepie Sat 20-Oct-12 13:48:09

I like annalise best, but she will be forever spelling it to people. Same with emmeline. Willow is sweet and not too overused. Really don't like Skye or Mabel tbh, I think they will date quickly. Go with your heart and ignore FiL, we deliberately didn't say anything to family because once I was set on something, I didn't want them to be rude about it. Once baby arrives they seem to just accept it better!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now