Talk

Advanced search

Emmeline?

(13 Posts)
darknessvisible Tue 16-Oct-12 14:35:40

We've pretty much decided that Emmeline is the frontrunner for our daughter, due in Jan (the other option is Estella, which we like alot but don't absolutely love). We're now looking for a middle name and I thought I'd consult you, wise mumsnetters. These are on the list so far:

Emmeline Cleo
Emmeline Juno
Emmeline Viola (pronounced the proper way smile)
Emmeline Lyra

What do you make of these? We want something shortish to balance the first name and we have a short (three letter, one syllable surname beginning with 'C'). Any other suggestions welcomed...

FriskyMarkCavendish Tue 16-Oct-12 14:38:37

Emmeline Viola - beautiful.

darknessvisible Tue 16-Oct-12 14:45:10

Thanks frisky - I love it too, but my husband thinks it sounds a little prim and 'English Rose', which has thrown me somewhat...

I think it's quite cool, not prim. A few celebs have chosen it - I know Christian Bale has an Emmeline. It's nice and I think Emmy is a lovely nickname.

MJandherdog Tue 16-Oct-12 16:55:55

i really like them all but for me Emmeline Juno absolutely rocks!

pregnantpause Tue 16-Oct-12 16:58:46

Emmeline viola, beyond a shadow. Beautiful name. Not that I know what's wrong with 'english rose' I think it sounds quite trendy not prim at all.

darknessvisible Tue 16-Oct-12 17:20:49

Sorry pregnantpause, there's nothing wrong with 'English Rose' of course! It's just that she will have a mixed race/ethnic/multinational? background and DH wondered if we should be reflecting this more...

DebK2012 Tue 16-Oct-12 17:53:17

Emmeline Octavia??

mrstowers Tue 16-Oct-12 18:32:00

Emmeline Viola - the 2 names go beautifully together.

Gwennan Wed 17-Oct-12 10:43:31

All lovely names.

But, in my opinion, there are:
too many 'ee' and 'l' sounds in Emmeline Viola
too many 'l' sounds in Emmeline Lyra and Emmeline Cleo

Emmeline Juno is the one I'm left with but I'm not sure about it.

I like the sound of Emmeline Celeste, Emmeline Hope, Emmeline Pearl, and Emmeline Olive.

ZolaPowered Wed 17-Oct-12 12:42:27

Emmeline Viola is just gorgeous. I love Emmeline but DH doesn't.

hatebeak Wed 17-Oct-12 15:26:03

All lovely, although I like Cleo and Viola best.

meditrina Wed 17-Oct-12 16:43:29

Emmeline Juno - lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now