Talk

Advanced search

So I ^might^ have a girls name, but not any boys names...ideas and opinions?

(14 Posts)
Shelium Mon 15-Oct-12 16:24:27

When DD1 was born we had the girls name Adele as second choice.

It has now moved to first place grin for unborn DC, but my friend laughed when I told her, and said it was a "fat" name sad

Is it that bad? I cannot abide cutesy names, I like stronger style names whist still being feminine IYSWIM

In respect of Boys, I quite like Ethan as a name, though can't stand the thought of it being pronounced "efan" grin

I am really struggling for any names I like. DH is fairly relaxed about names as long as they are not too out-there, but is little help in actually suggesting any...

aaaarrrggghhhhh!!!

LadyMargolotta Mon 15-Oct-12 16:26:32

angry at Adele being a fat name.

It's a beautiful name. Estella/Stella are also lovely.

For boys:
Leon
Steven

DorisIsWaiting Mon 15-Oct-12 16:39:48

Girls stronger style names....

Harriet
Freya
Lydia

Boys
Seth
Mathew
Edward

Dogsmom Mon 15-Oct-12 16:54:00

How about Adela? I have a friend with this name and think it's lovely, you wont be accused of naming her after the singer either.

We're having a girl but if they'd been a boy we liked either Joseph nn Joe or Isaac nn Zac.

Curtisbaby5wks4days Mon 15-Oct-12 17:46:26

I would not think of it as a a fat name. Yes you think of the singer and she is not slim. Pretty name though so if you like it then stick with it.

lottiegarbanzo Mon 15-Oct-12 17:56:38

The first Adele I met was quite willowy, so I think it's an elegant name. Adela is nice too.

eBook Mon 15-Oct-12 18:26:48

I like both Adele and Ethan smile

Have no idea what your friend means, it says more about her than the name.

manicinsomniac Mon 15-Oct-12 19:13:36

Have no idea how anybody can associate names with weights ...? Bizarre.

Adele is quite a pretty name and I think fits the strong but feminine criteria.
Other options could be:

Adeline, Anastasia, Alexandra, Andrea, Beatrice, Bethan, Caroline, Claudia, Cecily, Claudette, Daphne, Dorothy, Elizabeth, Emma, Erin, Esther, Frances, Florence, Fiona, Georgia, Georgina, Harriet, Heather, Imogen, Juliet, Justine, Judith, Kathryn, Kate, Karen, Lillian, Lucia, Lydia, Miriam, Maria, Sarah, Stephanie, Stella, Tamsin, Teresa, Valerie, Victoria, Veronica, Yasmin.

Ethan I quite like too. If you like Ethan, maybe you might like:
Aaron, Aiden, Adrian, Caspian, Dylan, Daniel, Evan, Euan, Edwin, Elliot, Francis, Gideon, Harvey, Henry, Ian, Joleyon, Jordan, Jackson, John, Kieran, Luca, Liam, Martin, Milan, Nathan, Owen, Preston, Quinn, Reuben, Seth, Titus, Victor, Walter, Zachary.

Shelium Mon 15-Oct-12 19:42:42

Thank you smile

Manic, you have almost listed the entirety of names I had shortlisted for this child if it is a boy shock

I am glad Adele is classed as an "okay" name, isn't it funny how you start to doubt yourself in pregnancy! I'm normally a very decisive person....

I like Adele a lot but like Adela (sp?) even better - used to teach a gorgeous one!

How about Adam?
Owen?

Love Gideon.

DebK2012 Tue 16-Oct-12 18:49:42

Adele is a beautiful, name don't be put off!!!!!

GW297 Tue 16-Oct-12 18:53:54

Ethan is a nice name.

DebK2012 Tue 16-Oct-12 19:21:57

Adam, James, Thomas

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now