Talk

Advanced search

Two names ending in son?

(15 Posts)
Moochicken Wed 26-Sep-12 22:17:59

My husband thinks that it's ok to have Jackson with our surname which also ends in son. I think this sounds very odd but really like the name. What do you think, is it weird?

monsterchild Wed 26-Sep-12 22:19:33

I think it could work, if the names work. Jackson Jackson would be a bit hmm. But strangely Jackson Johnson kind of works for me!

GoldPlatedNineDoors Wed 26-Sep-12 22:23:06

Hmm... Jackson Stevenson, Jackson Johnson, Jackson Thompson....sorry I really dont like it. Just Jack?

monsterchild Wed 26-Sep-12 22:23:23

Just make sure his middle name isn't like that too, or people may refer to him as the law firm.

seeker Wed 26-Sep-12 22:26:26

No.

TodaysAGoodDay Wed 26-Sep-12 22:27:04

I don't really think it goes.

Jackson Harrison?
Jackson Wilson?
Jackson Anderson?

To me all I can here is 'son...son' not too clever IMO.

Moochicken Wed 26-Sep-12 22:35:50

I quite like Jack too but it's so popular atm. I'm not looking hot unusual names but something that isn't in the top 3 would be nice.

I'm finding it much harder to find a name I love than I did with my little girl.

GoldPlatedNineDoors Wed 26-Sep-12 22:43:13

See the thing is with popular names is that there are so many names that even the top three arent popular.

The top boys name last year was given to less than 1% of all boys born that year. Statistically, youd have to know over 100 boys your dcs age to bump.into another Jack.

Sossiges Wed 26-Sep-12 22:45:09

A bit weird, sorry

Flojo1979 Wed 26-Sep-12 22:48:21

I second goldplate
I actually don't know a Jack, despite its popularity. So unless u know loads OP then I'd be considering that instead.

nooka Thu 27-Sep-12 05:40:54

ds had a class mate called Jackson. I don't really like it as a name, and dh always did the thing from The Mask when ds talked about him.

Anyway, combined with another 'son' name? No. That would be a bit odd.

YouMayLogOut Thu 27-Sep-12 08:14:14

I don't think it would go together well. Jack would be a better idea IMHO. What other names do you like?

rachel1970 Thu 27-Sep-12 08:40:27

Are you going to call Jackson Jack most of the time? In which case it might work. Although there are a LOT of Jacks out there already.... smile

Merlion Fri 28-Sep-12 07:59:31

My name is like this but through marriage. I have to admit I don't like it. It sounds very clunky to me.

Gwennan Fri 28-Sep-12 08:14:19

I don't think it works. What's wrong with 'just' Jack?

Jackson's quite an American-sounding name as a first name so, thinking along similar lines, you might like Beckett, Cormac, Finn, Holden, Roman, Owen, Julian, Asher, Lennon, Otis, Sullivan, Stellan, Breccan or Griffin as an alternative.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now