Talk

Advanced search

Dc3 - thoughts and opinions please

(14 Posts)
Fisharefriendsnotfood Wed 26-Sep-12 10:01:57

We already have a Heather and an Alexander. Surname starts with P, two syllables.

Dc3 due in 4/5 weeks. For a boy, dh is really keen on Luke, and as I don't really like any boys names I think that's pretty much decided.

Girls, we have quite a few on the list. Clara, Annabel, Maeve, Esme, and Hazel are the ones which tend to keep coming up..

Any and all thoughts welcome please smile

DessieLou Wed 26-Sep-12 10:45:50

What good taste you have! I like Hazel but think it's too similar to Heather. I reckon Clara sounds the nicest with Heather and Alexander, and it's a lovely name. smile

IHeartKingThistle Wed 26-Sep-12 10:48:21

I thought Hazel before I even read to the end of your post! ALL of those names are beautiful.

TittyWhistles Wed 26-Sep-12 10:52:06

Don't like Hazel. Sorry. Clara is lovely, the others are okayish.

SilkStalkings Wed 26-Sep-12 10:56:24

I like Hazel, got a touch of pagan magic to it. Bored of Maeves and Esmes and Annabel reminds me of the 80s London nightclub full of coke-snorting aristos so I vote Clara and Hazel.

Fisharefriendsnotfood Wed 26-Sep-12 11:00:08

Ummm I hadn't thought of Hazel as similar but I see what you mean.. I like Esme but am a bit concerned it'll become really popular over the next few years as all the old names seem to be coming back

SuperSesame Wed 26-Sep-12 11:06:22

Love Hazel, but not for a blue eyed blond baby. Love Annabel too. I seem to be drawn to 3 syllable girls names and love it along with names like Vanessa, Melissa, Elana.
I don't like Luke though (sorry, if already decided). Sounds weak and a bit drippy.

imustbepatient Wed 26-Sep-12 11:21:23

Luke and Clara are both lovely. Do you like Martha?

Gwennan Wed 26-Sep-12 12:07:56

Both of your children have names that end in -er. I wonder whether this is a subtle trend you would like to continue with this baby. If so, you might like:

Amber
Aster
Esther
Jennifer
Harper
Summer

I fear most of those are probably a little similar to your children's names so, for that reason, you might want to look further afield.

I would choose Clara from your list with Annabel a close second. The other three are very pretty but I think are either too similar, or too different, to Alexander and Heather.

I am not sure whether you are looking for any additional suggestions but I think these names sit well alongside Alexander and Heather: Lydia, Christina, Elizabeth, Charlotte, Emily, Catherine, Rebecca, Abigail, Iona, Ailsa, Bridget, Orla.

Fisharefriendsnotfood Wed 26-Sep-12 12:30:29

Thanks everyone smile

Nothing else suggested trumps the ones on the list but great to hear all the opinions. Looks like Clara is winning. The problem is ds would have been Clara had he been a dd so I wonder if the magic has waned a bit caused we've talked about it for so long iykwim

delilah88 Wed 26-Sep-12 12:39:15

I really like Annabel.

delilah88 Wed 26-Sep-12 12:39:47

~ It's a cute, little sister name!

BoyMeetsWorld Wed 26-Sep-12 12:44:40

Clara or Annabel (oddly those two plus Esme are my girls' list too!)

Fisharefriendsnotfood Wed 26-Sep-12 15:27:46

Lots of food for thought..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now