Talk

Advanced search

Honest opinions please.......

(12 Posts)
Ohcrapwhathaveidone Tue 25-Sep-12 20:23:20

Having just decided to start trying for DC2 I'm starting to think about possible names. I found it hard first time but now even harder as trying to pick a name that 'goes' with DD1 (Lucia).

Current names DH and I are discussing are:

Florence- too popular?
Edison- we like the nn ed or eddie but don't particularly like Edward. Also is it too American?

Honest opinions please and I promise not to have a hissy fit if you don't like them;-)

Also grateful for any alternative suggestions.

AgathaPinchBottom Tue 25-Sep-12 20:29:24

Love both!

Other name suggestions you might like: Rosa, Lydia, Edwin, Edmund

Anthea1001 Tue 25-Sep-12 21:35:40

Florence is beautiful, my DD1 second name, and should have been her first but I bowed to pressure from the rest of my family....it was 21 years ago and considered too 'out there' ...wish I had been more assertive, a beautiful name is simply that, even if others choose the same.

BananaBubbles Tue 25-Sep-12 22:22:04

Florence is lovely.

Edison isn't. I really don't like it. And not only because it makes me think of Thomas Edison and he was a very unpleasant man.

lottiegarbanzo Tue 25-Sep-12 22:26:04

Florence is lovely. It is getting quite popular but not massively so.

Edwin, Edmund, both better than Edison IMO but I don't like surnames as first names, also it sounds like 'Eddie's son'.

Ohcrapwhathaveidone Tue 25-Sep-12 22:28:25

Thanks guys great to get some feedback. Love Rosa and Edwin two I definitely hadn't considered.

I'm away, without DH (not very conducive to our plans for DC2wink) at the moment so will run those suggestions by him when I'm back.

Thanks again

Ohcrapwhathaveidone Tue 25-Sep-12 22:36:51

Ah thanks for that, I was really unsure about Edison to be honest DH more keen than me. So it's good to hear honest feedback. I didn't realise that Thomas Edison was nasty either, I'm bit rubbish on historyblush I'm afraid!

BananaBubbles Tue 25-Sep-12 22:37:48

Edwin is great.Love Rosa too.

HolyAutumnGoldBatman Wed 26-Sep-12 00:31:15

Florence is lovely.

Edison is awful. Edward, Edmund, Edwin, Eduardo just Eddie on it's own all better choices.

Or you could have Alfred, Frederick or Wilfred with the nickname Freddie.

Psammead Wed 26-Sep-12 00:50:48

Oooh! Our DD1 is Lucia too!

DD2 due anytime now. We've decided on Penelope, nn Penny.

Others on my list were

Felicity
Francesca
Genevieve
Dorothea
Tabitha
Josephine
Jemima

For a boy we were a bit cluelesss tbh. Vaguely liked Noah, Hector, Tristan and Joseph.

Ohcrapwhathaveidone Wed 26-Sep-12 11:00:57

Ah psammead another Luciasmile how old is your Lucia?

Also just out of interest how do you pronounce it? We say lou-see-ah but I know others say Lou-chee-ah. To be honest I love both but feel Lou-see-ah comes more naturally to me!

Love Penelope toogrin

Psammead Wed 26-Sep-12 11:27:19

She's 2.9. We say Lou-see-ah too. She's often Lucy though smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now