loader

Talk

Advanced search

STILL no name for DS2...

(12 Posts)
glitzalicious Tue 25-Sep-12 05:26:30

DS1 is Oscar.

Shortlisted for DS2, who is due imminently:

Leo... my fave but as MN will most likely be Alexander or Alastair, the initials would be LAP. Would that bother you? Also, is Leo insanely popular now?

Other name options:
Arlo
Milo
Max

Names we love but can't use:
Sebastian
Luca

Thanks in advance!

WandaDoff Tue 25-Sep-12 05:29:15

What is the surname?

How many syllables?

Pandemoniumwearspurpleshoes Tue 25-Sep-12 05:57:47

Max sounds good with those middle names, initials would be MAP.

terrywoganstrousers Tue 25-Sep-12 06:09:21

George
Gregory
Francis
Rufus

bloodybuilder Tue 25-Sep-12 06:22:34

I think LAP is fine
Leo is lovely

Rory
Max
Rupert
Linus

CheerfulYank Tue 25-Sep-12 06:35:17

LAP would be fine! smile Leo is nice and goes well with Oscar.

My friend had a hard time naming her daughter...she really wanted to call her Grace Allison but the surname started with a G so she would be GAG. We told her is was better than naming her HAG or VAG. wink She ended up using Grace Allison in the end anyway.

Merlion Tue 25-Sep-12 06:40:02

I think LAP is fine. DS has the initials SAW which is possibly worse. You rarely see them all written down together like that after all.

CryptoFascist Tue 25-Sep-12 06:55:19

Leo is nice, goes well with Oscar. With the initials AP you'll have trouble not forming a word - SAP, CAP, GAP. It doesn't matter, might make his friends at school giggle once maybe? But it's not a problem for most robust kids. Not like you're planning to call him Gaylord (cue Offended mother of Gaylord popping up on thread) grin

Ham69 Tue 25-Sep-12 15:02:52

My vote is for Milo. Not as popular as Max and goes really well with Oscar. I think it works well with the middle names too. You will rarely say the first name and middle name together anyway, so wouldn't choose a first name on that basis.

rainbow2000 Tue 25-Sep-12 16:04:11

Logan and Oscar go lovely

tiredteddy Tue 25-Sep-12 16:14:14

LEO is a great name and the initials wouldn't bother me. It goes well with Alexander as a middle name as does Max which is my favourite boys name! Go with what you love.

CPtart Tue 25-Sep-12 17:12:43

Evan
Dominic
Adam
Luke
Edward
Zachary

Leo is great too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now