Talk

Advanced search

Middle names for Erin?

(34 Posts)
monopod Tue 19-Jun-12 19:47:08

We've found out that we are having a little girl and have decided to call her Erin, but I'm still on the fence about a middle name. We're provisionally going with Erin Elizabeth, except I've never particularly liked the name Elizabeth (although admittedly it is starting to grow on me).

We'd quite like her middle name to be a biblical or saint's name (which would include feminine forms of a male name), so our choices are limited in that respect. Our surname is short (single-syllable) and begins with T - I quite liked Erin Andrea but then realised her initials would be EAT which strikes me as not such a good idea.

Does anyone have any suggestions smile

TheWoollybacksWife Tue 19-Jun-12 19:56:39

I know an Erin Louise. smile

monopod Tue 19-Jun-12 19:57:47

grin I'm making a list at the moment and had just added that one when I saw your post!

saoifre Tue 19-Jun-12 20:38:55

erin heinz, well they are both brands of soup.

monopod Tue 19-Jun-12 20:40:05

A brand of soup? grin Whereabouts?

DontmindifIdo Tue 19-Jun-12 20:44:15

Erin Ruth

bouncysmiley Tue 19-Jun-12 20:48:01

Erin May, Erin Cate, Erin Mia, Erin Rose,

shouldbedoingtheironing Tue 19-Jun-12 20:49:20

Erin May
Erin Mary
Erin Martha

monopod Tue 19-Jun-12 20:51:23

Thanks all! We had considered some of these but felt them to be too short when put together with our surname - would love to have more suggestions if you can smile

What do people think of Erin Rachel or Erin Michaela?

shouldbedoingtheironing Tue 19-Jun-12 20:53:39

Erin Rachel is nice smile

Sloobreeus Tue 19-Jun-12 21:02:31

Brockovich
Mary
Maria
Finnoula (sp, sorry)
Frances
Susannah
Francesca
Hannah
Rebecca
Christina

monopod Tue 19-Jun-12 21:05:12

Hopefully Ms Roberts' portrayal of Ms Brockovich is not going to be foremost in people's memories grin

Hmmm, hadn't considered Frances or Hannah, thanks Sloobreeus smile

Glad you like Erin Rachel shouldbedoingtheironing smile

mylittleprincess3455 Tue 19-Jun-12 22:37:21

Erin Violet
Erin Beatrice
Erin Agnes
Erin Christella
Erin Florence
Erin Cecelia
Erin Ophelia
Erin Felicity
Erin Augusta

StepOutOfSpring Tue 19-Jun-12 23:54:15

Erin Melissa
Erin Daphne
Erin Georgia
Erin Olivia
Erin Victoria
Erin Clara
Erin Juliette
Erin Katherine
Erin Laura
Erin Sarah
Erin Sophia

Merlion Wed 20-Jun-12 06:03:13

I know an Erin Sophia.

I came across someone at work yesterday called Stephentica - that could work for a feminine form of a male name grin.

Seriously I quite like the 'a' 'ia' sound after a short name like Erin maybe Teresa (oh no maybe too many Ts though as just realised your surname starts with one).

chickydoo Wed 20-Jun-12 06:25:52

Perrin grin

giraffesCantFitInThePalace Wed 20-Jun-12 06:39:37

Marie

TiddlesTheNaughtyTortoise Wed 20-Jun-12 09:15:02

dd2 is called Erin and her middle name is Isla!

I like Erin Martha, and Erin Hannah is lovely too.

I wanted Janet as her middle name, after my nanna but dp wouldn't have it sad

Shame as that was the mw's name too so it would've been perfect!

anniewoo Wed 20-Jun-12 09:22:21

I know you said you didn't want a name beginning with A cos then initials would be E.A.T. but how often do you write your initials??? Erin Alanah / Alana / Allanah is lovely as is Erin Anna. I think the E followed by the A sound go very well together.

monopod Wed 20-Jun-12 19:05:32

grin at Erin Perrin! Stephentica hmm

anniewoo - I did go through the list of A names with some dismay when I liked quite a few of them, and you're right, they sound quite good together. I think I'll have to mull that one over a bit more!

Merlion - I too think the 'a' sound goes quite well! Erin Nicola and Erin Michaela are on our list at the moment, though not sure about the 'N' sounds running into each other.

Thank you all for your suggestions, 'tis much appreciated! smile

peachypips Wed 20-Jun-12 19:36:17

Erin Joanna

lovesteaandcake Wed 20-Jun-12 19:39:01

My DD is called Erin & her middle name is Georgia. This was put in memory of my grandad George though

Erin is an Excellent name choice if you ask me grin

Jac1978 Wed 20-Jun-12 22:48:47

Erin Grace

sashh Thu 21-Jun-12 04:50:06

but then realised her initials would be EAT which strikes me as not such a good idea
but without her middle name it will be ET. But if you whant a theme you could go with Gertie or Drew.

Also avoid middle names with a C, M, and N, you don't want her initials that are hospital depatments or treatments for depression. I know you mentioned Erin Nicola and Erin Michaela but please don't, unless you give her the names reversed but call her Erin.

monopod Thu 21-Jun-12 12:35:46

Thanks again all!

lovesteaandcake - grin

sashh - DS' initials are EMT too; DH and I decided that ET wasn't a reference that would be amusing/pejorative/whathaveyou in his generation (don't tell me otherwise grin)

I can see a possible no-no with ENT but the acronyms ECT/EMT are probably a lot less well-known?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now